Is my experience today unique?

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Rarms
Past Supporter

Re: Is my experience today unique?

#11 Post by Rarms »

falco67 wrote:Due to the clubs policy of not advertising........

No bookings this afternoon, non tomorrow.....

Its all very sad!
Maybe lead them to connect the dots at the next agm ;)
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#12 Post by poll007 »

you might find that it is in part due to Covid still.

A lot of people are still not going out to shoot or do other activities like they would have 2 years ago either to prevent further spreading of the virus or even as simple as them not having the same level of funds to spend on hobbies due to furlough/redundancy.

My local club hasn't even reopened yet for this very reason (though it is an indoor range).

Though I completely agree with the other replys regarding no advertising-no new members-club eventually closing.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#13 Post by Daryll »

I didn't go, but our Club was apparently full today...

We have monthly, (well attended), guest days, and in the last few weeks we've even had school trips on the range.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

The PSG club I run has never been busier. Its getting to the point where we'll have to come up with some sort of system to limit the number of attendees, which is good and bad in equal measure
DVC
falco67
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by falco67 »

Daryll wrote:I didn't go, but our Club was apparently full today...

We have monthly, (well attended), guest days, and in the last few weeks we've even had school trips on the range.
that sounds like something from another planet!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#16 Post by Mattnall »

falco67 wrote:I am a member of a club with its own 25 and 50 yard range and a 100 metre range. All outdoors and owned by the club. We have an online booking system and we have to provide our own Range Officer so we tend to shoot in pairs/ threesomes. Due to the clubs policy of not advertising, I can't tell you where it is or what its called.

Last weekend there were no range bookings, this morning there were 3 of us from 10.00am till noon. No bookings this afternoon, non tomorrow.

Its all very sad!
This is the sad bit.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Polchraine

#17 Post by Polchraine »

And not even a hint of where you are !

Do some club members have a hidden agenda ... membership dwindles, just two or three left, they decide to close down the club and dispose of the assets to members. Sell land for housing, retire to caribbean.

Maybe, slightly tongue-in-cheek, but anything could happen and does.

Surely, raising te issue at the AGM and pushing for a little more openness - such as allowing you to see we a re a club in "ThisTown" but nothing more and potential members or users are vetted before visiting.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#18 Post by channel12 »

I believe my club has a waiting list for the waiting list but of course the present situation has limited the probationer training. In normal times the club is very busy on the Sunday morning club mornings although it's though that some just turn up for the fry up. Week days are quiet but Saturday is busier with often open competitions running.

The ranges are only closed Christmas Day and after 2pm Sunday, otherwise turn up and shoot except now there's an online booking in system.
Tallguy

#19 Post by Tallguy »

The PSG club I’m a member of runs new member courses 3 times a year and they are always full. The target rifle club I am about to join is also experiencing an upturn in membership enquiries. Lots of people are coming into shooting, whether they stick around is another matter with the current economic climate and financial pressures.