Another newbie

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Hunterboy

Another newbie

#1 Post by Hunterboy »

Hi everyone, just a quick introduction. I've been a slow developer as far as shooting goes, however I've always had a general interest in military matters. I was going to join the RAF as a service pilot but ended up in the airlines, and am based at LHR. I was hoping for any suggestions for a club in the LHR area.
I like to read a lot, and have been fascinated over the last few years reading the first person recollections coming out of Iraq/Afghanistan of the US and UK military, especially from the squaddie PoV.
I guess this has sparked and interest in learning to shoot, especially long range. I am intrigued to find out how difficult it really is to hit a target over 1500m away, especially with only 1 or 2 shots.
I've had a go a pistol shooting in the US and ZA, and enjoyed it , so I think I'd enjoy firing some kind of .22 AR-15 at short range too. With my job, I was looking for a club that would be available to run courses and be available for shooting during the day as well as only evenings/weekends. Would that mean I'm pretty much restricted to Bisley?
Thanks in advance for your patience ...Hunterboy
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Another newbie

#2 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:

There are many clubs on Bisley camp and that use it. The NRA do a club finder service that might be beneficial.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

:wave: Hunterboy
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

Hi .... welcome to FBUK! :good: :good: