Hi all

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

GothicSera
Home club or Range: ITSC/CGC

Hi all

#1 Post by GothicSera »

Hi everyone :)

Thanks for approving my request to join. I am starting out on small bore and full bore shooting. I've been shooting air guns for over 20 years, since I was big enough to hold them safely, and I think it's time to start on bigger things... I've also recently started clay pigeon shooting too.

My interest is in target shooting, everything from long barrel pistols up to full bore at 1000+ yds.

I'm literally just starting out, having been on a guest day at a local club and just sending my paperwork off for probationary membership before I can apply for my FAC.

Looking forward to getting a proper start on this hobby... And being even poorer as a result! lol

I've a genuine passion for guns, engineering and fast cars and bikes. I'm a bit of an anomaly amongst women. But it's good to break the mould. shakeshout

Sera
Sera
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Hi all

#2 Post by Lever357 »

Welcome Sera. I was in a similar position 18 months ago, after many many years of shotgun shooting but having a life long interest in firearms I joined a club. Now have .22 lever action, .22 semi auto, .38/.357 lever action and just acquired a 7.62mm Enfield Enforcer for long range out door shooting. Have taken up gallery rifle shooting as well and really enjoy that.

Welcome and feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions (just do it in the right section!!).
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Hi Sera .... welcome to FBUK! :good:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to the forum Sera. One of the forum Admin is also a woman with a passion for shooting, engineering and 'bikes and spent a nigh on complete day working on a car yesterday :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#5 Post by Duey »

Hi Sera and welcome to the madness
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

GothicSera, welcome :wave:
GothicSera
Home club or Range: ITSC/CGC

#7 Post by GothicSera »

Thank you all for the warm welcome thankssign
Ovenpaa wrote:Welcome to the forum Sera. One of the forum Admin is also a woman with a passion for shooting, engineering and 'bikes and spent a nigh on complete day working on a car yesterday :)
That's great :) Good to know there's someone else with other shared passions too. I was shooting yesterday but I am at home working on my bikes today - got a Buell XB9R which is in a custom frame and is being built as a tribute to Sophie Lancaster, will be finished today ready for the 10th anniversary of her death. And a Ducati 996 that I am doing a restoration on for a friend :)
Sera
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#8 Post by bradaz11 »

Lever357 wrote:Welcome Sera. I was in a similar position 18 months ago, after many many years of .....
I was starting to wonder where this convo was going lol

spending life as a man, you took the plunge and booked an op??

anyway, welcome Sera
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#9 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#10 Post by Duey »

Welcome to the madness