Hi from a new member.

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

FrenchieBoy
Home club or Range: Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club

Hi from a new member.

#1 Post by FrenchieBoy »

Hi All! I hope that this is the right place to introduce myself, if not please accept my apologies.
I've been shooting for more years than I really would care to remember - The best part of 50 years so I guess that makes me a right old so and so compared to some of the young whipper snappers on the shooting scene nowadays. My shooting nowadays is mainly vermin control - Rabbits with a .22lr and moderator, Foxes and Deer with a moderated .243 (I have also used a .270 and .303 or deer culling) and also a shotgun for pigeons and corvids.
I have been a member of Chadderton Rifle and Pistol Club for a good number of years and try to organise some of their charity fundraising vents for them, all in aid of North West Air Ambulance - In August I ran a Charity Clay Pigeon Shoot in aid of NWAA where we raised £688.64 for the North west Air Ambulance and I am now running a Grand Christmas Raffle through our gun club (Again in aid of North west Air Ambulance) with over £2,000 worth of shooting related prizes - Mainly Deer Stalking Days and Week-Ends and Wild Boar Shoots but there are other prizes of slabs of cartridges and other shooting related prizes.
Being new to this forum I do not want to fall foul of any rules so I will contact the moderators to see if I am allowed to give details of how to access all the details for this Christmas Raffle, a full list of the prizes and how you can buy your tickets if you so wish.
At the moment i have had to cut right down on my shooting while I wait to have surgery on my knee, but once that is done I hope to get back on full strength and plough into my fox and vermin control, till then I will have to settle for reading about other's exploits on the various shooting forums I am on.
Well that is about it for me so I hope that I haven't bored the pants off you already. I will finish by saying that I will do my best to contribute some useful information, hints and tips for the benefit of other members.
Thanks for having me on board. :good:
AL8

Re: Hi from a new member.

#2 Post by AL8 »

Hi and welcome, I know what you mean time flies.
How attitudes have changed since we both started shooting.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Hi .... welcome to FBUK! Image
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome :wave:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

FrenchieBoy, welcome :wave:
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#6 Post by froggy »

Bonjour !
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#7 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.