Hello from Arizona

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Hello from Arizona

#31 Post by 1066 »

:) :) Remind me of my old Grandad - Back in the 1950's I remember he used to keep his shotgun in the hallway inside the grandfather clock. (Probably had some home-guard cartridges there too.) :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

#32 Post by yellowhand »

johngarnett wrote:Sorry for the delay in replying...couldn't see the keyboard to type for tears of envy!!!!!

Anyway, thank you. Nice boiler lol lol lol

As previously said it is suggested we don't 'publicise' our security. I am fortunate to have a man cave attached to the garage so I can hibernate after shooting and do the dirty stuff. All moving parts separated, ammo separate again in safes. Keys everywhere!! You do need a good memory!!

Thanks for the pics

Stay safe

JohnG Cornwall

The electric furnace is kinda new, a year or two, old one lasted 28 years, some things are cheap here, them damn things are not, I about cried when the bill was handed to me.:)LOL
I just ordered a new safe for the wood shop, been slowly dropping range stuff off out there, for cleaning and such, which makes my wife happy, of course, when she and her lady friends go shooting, she always drops her dirty firearms off right where I leave my keys and wallet.
She and the church ladies hit the range weekly, whole lot of giggling, even some shooting takes place the range masters told me one day.
But I don;t think any of them ever clean their firearms. 8-)
yellowhand

#33 Post by yellowhand »

Mauserbill wrote:hello
WOW Rifle with red cap loaded and ready to go !
I can only dream of the freedoms that you have, I would be looking at loss of firearms certificate and probable jail time.
Well done AZ
Shoot off caps either black or red, red for loaded ready to fire, black to keep out the muck.
To be honest, never really thought about our/my firearm freedoms, until checking in here last week and reading through what all of you have to do just to own any firearm.
I knew there were hoops one must jump through there to own a firearm, never dreamed it was this bad.
There was a "political" protest last week at our state capital, and in one small TV shot, showed about 50 people armed with AR's, AK, even one older fellow had an SKS outside the capital. Thousands of people attended, most were armed I;m told by friends that attended.
This kinda stuff is just normal for us here.
We do have a few states where this would be frowned upon.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#34 Post by johngarnett »

Really enjoying your tales from over the pond!! Thank you.

I guess over the next few months you'll see how repressed we are. We once had full auto's a LONG time back. Then they took away semi auto except .22, then they took pistols sob, sob. I've never been right since 'someone' dumped my competition 1911 in the sea :cry:

You'll soon see how we appreciate your tales of gun freedom!!

More to follow - sorry!!

JohnG
yellowhand

#35 Post by yellowhand »

johngarnett wrote:Really enjoying your tales from over the pond!! Thank you.

I guess over the next few months you'll see how repressed we are. We once had full auto's a LONG time back. Then they took away semi auto except .22, then they took pistols sob, sob. I've never been right since 'someone' dumped my competition 1911 in the sea :cry:

You'll soon see how we appreciate your tales of gun freedom!!

More to follow - sorry!!

JohnG

I grew up down deep in the south, way back in the Appalachian Mountains before running off to the Army, so, never met a stranger yet.:)LOL

I do enjoy talking to people, all people, keeps ones mind sharp and prevents boredom.

That about the only thing I miss since I retired, meeting people day in and day out.

OK, there are a "few" I don;t miss!!!! lol

I'll start a thread, Tales from the other side of the pond, once I figure out where it needs to go here.
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#36 Post by Pinguino »

Loaded and ready to fire! In case of an intruder......

Hmmm. Let me see now.

I'd have to go to the 'secret' place where my keys are secured (and work through a few layers of security), then access a rifle in another safe which is in a different room, then access the bolt from another safe (in another completely different room) and then access the ammunition and magazine from another safe.... by which time I'd be ..... DEAD.... but at least I'd have followed the licencing guidelines to securing my firearms.

On the upside, it's better than actually using my rifle to defend myself, as I'd end up with a very long prison sentence ...... and new legislation would swiftly follow to rob my fellow shooters of their already trampled rights.
yellowhand

#37 Post by yellowhand »

Pinguino wrote:Loaded and ready to fire! In case of an intruder......

Hmmm. Let me see now.

I'd have to go to the 'secret' place where my keys are secured (and work through a few layers of security), then access a rifle in another safe which is in a different room, then access the bolt from another safe (in another completely different room) and then access the ammunition and magazine from another safe.... by which time I'd be ..... DEAD.... but at least I'd have followed the licencing guidelines to securing my firearms.

On the upside, it's better than actually using my rifle to defend myself, as I'd end up with a very long prison sentence ...... and new legislation would swiftly follow to rob my fellow shooters of their already trampled rights.

We have some cities and states where they( elected district attorneys and mayors) treat criminals better than lawful decent people.
California has gone insane, with tens of thousands abandoning the place monthly.
Our major inner cities are no go areas for many people, as in, if we can't legally go armed, we just ain't going there.
Arizona is fine, so far, but we're on guard daily to protect our G-D given rights to be well armed.

Like everyone else, I can't predict future events, but from what I can see and hear, lines are being drawn and certain people are being told to cross them and whatever happens next will be all on you.

Our saving grace, among many, we in fact do have 50 independent states.
The leftist gun grabbers hate that fact, are always trying to jam something through, out of Washington DC/Feds, etc.
Obama tried some stupid stuff, and dozens of states told him to pound sand, so he gave up pretty quickly.

This Biden fellow has promised to levy a federal "tax" of 200.00 per all semi automatic weapons, and I believe nut so also said 200.00 per magazine. Several dimwits promised to simply confiscate all semi auto's and magazines, and once the laughter stopped, they went away.

Biden's taxation plan does not concern many of us, we simply will not comply, but what he and his minions really want, is a registry of firearms and whom owns them.

The state of CT did this after a nasty school shooting years ago, and the state admits, only about 8% of the estimated firearms owners went along with it.
The state has never tried to enforce their own laws, got no one really willing to try and collect firearms from people not willing to give them up.

We are a large country, 350,000,000 people or so, counting the illegals, etc. lol
Law enforcement officers in the USA;
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/nsl ... 20officers.

Current data, says around 650,000, I thought it was lower, officers of all types, city, state, feds, feds make up about 18,000.

If my math is correct,,my doctorate is in History, :)LOL, that works out to be .42 officers per thousand people.

DC, states, anyone can order anything they want, it all comes down, too just whom is going to enforce those orders?

Our military won't.

Everyday, some sheriff, says, nope my department won't follow Non-Constitutional orders/directives or laws passed.

So far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no politician has ever really tried to TRULY enforce gun confiscation here in the states. That would require house to house searches, and here, anyone breaking into your home, well, I pity their souls.

And, I have no idea what actually would ensue if they ever did.

It is true, people here, gun owners are getting really ornery.
We see what has happened to our cousins.

Interesting times these be................
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#38 Post by Pinguino »

Interesting times these be................

Indeed they are Yellowhand
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#39 Post by Triffid »

Yellowhand.
Welcome to the forum. The difference in attitude to firearms between Arizona and England is stark.

You evidently feel that you need to be able to protect yourself. The question that's been on my mind since reading the various posts is why that is? Is it about being armed because you can be? Or because you need to be?

Triffid
PS I'm not in any way anti-gun or judgemental about this. Just interested!
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#40 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
If somebody broke into my home with the intent of doing myself or my family harm I only wish I had a firearm with a red cap on it !