New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: New member

#11 Post by Mattnall »

Jamesthut wrote:We applied for approval in September and heard nothing. Tried emailing and calling any address and number we could find. No answer to our emails, and we were told the relevant department of the home office doesn't actually have a phone number. We reapplied for approval two weeks ago with the same online form. Nothing so far. Not particularly pleased given the ridiculous price hike of Home Office approval. It's too much to expect the level of service to increase in kind I suppose.
I spoke to Sam a couple of weeks ago and gave him an email address for the guy dealing with our new application. Did that help at all?

They had written back to us and asked for Constitution and Insurance details but since then nothing. That was about a week before Sam called me (so about 3 weeks with no contact). It's not a biggy just yet but as soon as the lock-down lifts we want to hit the range running.

I'm guessing CV19 will be the sand in the bearings that make the wheels of the HO run slow.
Or at least the excuse used. ;)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#12 Post by Geek »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

Is it a renewal or is this your first time. It might be worth speaking to your firearms licensing department. When you have submitted your application the Home office sends the details to your local Chief of Police who passes it to your inquiry office. The inquiry officer is the one who comes out to grill you and go through the documentation with you. It took a couple of months for my renewal they don't rush themselves.
Jamesthut
Home club or Range: London Historic Shooting Club

#14 Post by Jamesthut »

This is the first application. Just heard some good news though:

Turns out the Home Office somehow copied our email address incorrectly. Anyway we've now been told the police are going to check us out so the HO can sign off on us. Finally some progress!
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Just make sure you are prepared and that all your documentaion and Club records and constituiton are up to date.
I assume you have a Club Secretary, a Chairman and a Police liason officer.