Hello from Idaho, USA

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Rotnguns
Home club or Range: Parma Gun Club, Parma, Idaho , USA

Re: Hello from Idaho, USA

#21 Post by Rotnguns »

etonwick wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:45 am
Rotnguns wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:42 pm Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Idaho in NW USA.

I've enjoyed reading about your fascinating shooting events and the hunting culture in the UK and in Europe. What a great shooting tradition you have! I've been researching the Whitworth rifle as well as your mad- minute challenge with great interest. I'm in a bullseye shooting league and I will be branching out to NRA (American version) Silhouette this spring. Unfortunately, many of our events, particularly the ones held indoors, have been suspended over the past year due to COVID.

I look forward to chatting with you all!
Hey Rotnguns, how's life in Idaho?

Great to hear from one of our proud Colonial Cousins from across the pond. The US shooting and hunting culture is equally rich and historic and of great interest to us here in the UK. I'll keep an eye out for you in the forum.

Stay healthy Cousin.

Thanks for the greeting, Etonwick!

Our state is on the mend from the COVID pandemic and life is slowly returning to normal. Mule deer season has started in most units of our state. I've been scouting but no luck so far. Hope things are going well in England!

Cheers, Rotnguns
Southwest Idaho, USA
etonwick
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

Re: Hello from Idaho, USA

#22 Post by etonwick »

Hey Rotnguns,

pleased to hear that Covid has eased up a little. I think we're going to have a difficult winter flu and Covid season in the UK but we'll get by. Our elderly parents are double vaccinated and just had their booster shots. I suspect, like flu, it's something that we're all going to have to live with from now on.

Hope the hunting picks up. Sounds like it's early in the season - better luck next time.

Take care & stay healthy, Cousin!
Cheers

etonwick

"A buck in books saves a grand in stupid!" - Mark Novak, Gunsmith.