What should the NRA Armoury sell?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
ColinR
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK), FDPC, NRA Member, Bisley

Re: What should the NRA Armoury sell?

#51 Post by ColinR »

HeatherW762 wrote:
AHPP wrote:Is the membership office the place with the long counter with the outside door on the iron deer side of the range office building?
No it isn't. That's the front counter and is used as reception area for all our competitions and open days. The membership office is actually an office :G :G One of those places with desks and telephones :lol: :lol:

Heather
Thanks Heather, I stand corrected, but it is the area in front of where the membership office resides. It would still make a good shop though........For my part I have never seen anything happening in there when making membership enquiries, but then I don't do competitions. It does however seem to be a large space that lies dormant for a lot of the time and could probably be used to better advantage when the ranges are open.
John MH

#52 Post by John MH »

Donuts
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#53 Post by bobbob »

How about putting a form with ideas on the counter with a box to post completed ones in? There could be a section for input from people who are signing on.

As for things to sell how about wrist bands. They seem very popular at the moment for raising funds for charities. They don't cost a lot and would be good for overseas shooters who are limited for luggage space but who maybe want something to take away as a reminder of their trip. Maybe price a box up, put them on the counter as a trial.

Bnz and I were in the range office last year when three cadets were looking around. Two of them bought the bullet key rings that were on the table. The third asked if there were any more. Fred threw him a bullet, not live of course, the lad was chuffed. Is it possible they could be made on site rather than buying them in? I would imagine some young shooters would love to have a "bullet" that they had fired made into a momento.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
John25

#54 Post by John25 »

John MH wrote:Donuts

To buy or talk to?

:shakeshout:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#55 Post by bobbob »

John MH wrote:Donuts
Proper sugary, jam filled ones, not those dry American ones. :run:
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
karen

#56 Post by karen »

Staff would eat them all and the doors would have to be widened!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#57 Post by IainWR »

karen wrote:Staff would eat them all and the doors would have to be widened!
I have just checked the price of a Tim Horton's franchise.

Karen's comment "You can't do that to me - I'd be the size of a house". For anyone who hasn't been to Canada recently, Tim Horton's is one of their best ideas - a drive-through coffee-and-donut shop. The maple dip donuts are outrageuosly good and the iced coffee is just gorgeous.

Price of a franchise

$CAN 530,000 not including the building.

OTOH, Fred could go down to Sainsbury's evey morning and buy ten packets. Sold at 20p each that would make £3.50, which would just about cover the cost of going to get them. At 40p each we would make £10 on the deal. Do that every day the ranges are open and I'm well on the way to my annual additional profit objective!

So, what price will the market in donuts bear?

Iain
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#58 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well the benchmark for me is St*rbucks, coffee is a couple of quid upwards and a cake is around the same. I would suggest at least 45p for a donut and get a couple oversized cookie things in, I would happily do a couple with a decent mug of coffee first thing in the morning, it would set me up nicely for some shooting.

What I would not cope with is what were obviously Tesco’s economy donuts at GBP1.25 each or Tea at a pound a cup. Not unless the concept was taken seriously upmarket and even then I doubt I would use the facility very often.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#59 Post by Mike357 »

I would happily pay around £4 for a.decent coffee and a cake of some.description. If I was at Bisley for the day I could easily do it in the morning and in the afternoon as I would skip lunch.

Many places I see have an almost mini Costa operation which might suit Bisley?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#60 Post by kennyc »

seriously ,good coffee is not rocket science , although there are plenty of "food" purveyors" at Bisley who disprove this theory!, make it hot and fresh and sell it at a reasonable price circa £1 and Tea @£0.70 cakes at less than £1.50 and ADVERTISE the fact! once you have a market then you can look at the price... but never compromise on quality of product!