2012 Bisley bible

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
John25

2012 Bisley bible

#1 Post by John25 »

Now available for download at:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/conten ... NRA&type=1

I expect that Love Karen is too busy packing!

:P
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: 2012 Bisley bible

#2 Post by froggy »

Salut,

To call it Bible is a cheap attention grabbing trick that I find it quite chocking and I am far from being a religious zelot ...
It might be ok to refer to a book as "Bible" in a spoken language but to actually write it down on their web site demonstrates a serious lack of imagination and is extremelly poor taste in my eyes :bad: :bad: :bad:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Dougan

#3 Post by Dougan »

Hiya Froggy,

The 'Bible' has always been it's nic-name - In the UK, we often refer to a handbook (especially if it's a comprehensive one..) as a 'Bible' - Do you not use this turn of phrase in France?...I don't think any Christians are bothered by it.
rox

#4 Post by rox »

froggy wrote:Salut,

To call it Bible is a cheap attention grabbing trick that I find it quite chocking and I am far from being a religious zelot ...
It might be ok to refer to a book as "Bible" in a spoken language but to actually write it down on their web site demonstrates a serious lack of imagination and is extremelly poor taste in my eyes :bad: :bad: :bad:
The word means 'authoritative book'. Since it is a rule book it is, inherantly, authoritative.

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#5 Post by froggy »

Re-
Same in France. In my post I wrote that it might be ok to use it in a spoken language but I find it seriously un-imaginative and ceratinly "offensive" to the hordes of enemies-hugers found every sunday in churches that loathe anything to do with guns.
Maybe the NRA should make a "diversity/multi-kulty" effort and try "the Koran of Bisley" , I would certainly sit back and enjoy the show .
After-all by using the word "Bible" as in "the reference" the NRA re-enforces the stereotype of the supperiority of the Christian holly book over the Muslim one.

Far fetch ?? Nothing surprises me nowdays ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#6 Post by Gaz »

froggy wrote:Re-
Same in France. In my post I wrote that it might be ok to use it in a spoken language but I find it seriously un-imaginative and ceratinly "offensive" to the hordes of enemies-hugers found every sunday in churches that loathe anything to do with guns.
Maybe the NRA should make a "diversity/multi-kulty" effort and try "the Koran of Bisley" , I would certainly sit back and enjoy the show .
After-all by using the word "Bible" as in "the reference" the NRA re-enforces the stereotype of the supperiority of the Christian holly book over the Muslim one.

Far fetch ?? Nothing surprises me nowdays ...
They tried that by suggesting that the Imperial Meeting be renamed a few years ago. I think the outcry from home and overseas shooters alike stopped that very quickly.

I can see what you're getting at, but have there been any complaints from offended Christians? Don't change it unless there is a genuine reason to do so, i.e. a serious number of Christians complaining about it, not one or two cranks or people who are worried it "might" cause offence.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
Quarters

#7 Post by Quarters »

Thanks John
Fullbore

#8 Post by Fullbore »

Is anyone else having problems viewing said file, it keeps making my browser bomb out when i reach the nra website??
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Maybe the site is too busy, happens sometimes, try later?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

I managed to download it but it crashed my browser in the process (Firefox Beta 11.0)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal