Northern NRA Rep

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

Re: Northern NRA Rep

#21 Post by spud »

dromia wrote:Lacking Moral Fibre.

LMF - OMG ROFLMFAO LOL
ImageImage
Dougan

#22 Post by Dougan »

Hmmm, why would an NRA staff member choose to leave... :-P ...maybe he was one of those 'wierd' types who preferes constructive critisism to rudeness...
Christel
Site Admin

#23 Post by Christel »

Dougan wrote:Hmmm, why would an NRA staff member choose to leave... :-P ...maybe he was one of those 'wierd' types who preferes constructive critisism to rudeness...
Oh, are you implying we are rude on FB? Or that we can't give constructive criticism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
karen

#24 Post by karen »

Dougan wrote:Hmmm, why would an NRA staff member choose to leave... :-P ...maybe he was one of those 'wierd' types who preferes constructive critisism to rudeness...
Er he's not a staff member = General Council members are all volunteers!
Dougan

#25 Post by Dougan »

christel wrote:
Oh, are you implying we are rude on FB? Or that we can't give constructive criticism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well there's quite a bit of criticism (some of it deserved) - but from a few, little of it seems constructive, and a little of it, just seems rude....
Dougan

#26 Post by Dougan »

karen wrote:
Er he's not a staff member = General Council members are all volunteers!
Sorry Karen, can you clarify that - are all the Reps volunteers?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

Volunteers voted in by those in the area.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#28 Post by Dougan »

ovenpaa wrote:Volunteers voted in by those in the area.
:shock: - I didn't realise!....that then begs the question...who would volunteer to be the NRA Northern Rep!? :P

:run:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not me as it is not my region however if it had been local.....

As I see it, there is no point in bitching about something, better to try and change it or at least influence it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#30 Post by Alpha1 »

Well there's quite a bit of criticism (some of it deserved) - but from a few, little of it seems constructive, and a little of it, just seems rude....
I live in the North East of England I am 61 years old I have been shooting more years than I care to remember. Currently it is very difficult to get any range time in due to the lack of ranges available to civilian shooting clubs. Bisley is probably a great facility but due to its location is just a no no to me. Thats fine I dont have a problem with that. The NRA(National Rifle Association) the clue is in the name suggested that we should have a Northern rep to present our views and that he would promote shooting in the Noth East and hopefully consolidate us so we could share shooting facilities. And hope fully even open up some ranges in the area that would be readlly available to us all.
Well being born and bred in the North East it is natural to me to tell it as it is thats the way we are if you are not up to the job then do not go there because we will tell you in no uncertain terms you are not cuttting the mustard.
The guy took the job on he promised the earth and fell at the first hurdle if he could not take criticism then he should not have taken the job on.
The opinion of my self and my fellow club members is that this guy does not cut the mustard nothing personnel but he is not the man for the job.
The NRA is not a National association and the sooner they admit that the better they do not have the resources to be a National Body.