Trafalgar 2016

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
idge

Trafalgar 2016

#1 Post by idge »

Hi haven't posted anything for awhile so thought I would put something up.

I recently entered my second Trafalgar shoot in which I shot the veteran class and classic, I took with me my only two fullbore rifles, my k98 and Swedish M96.
With both rifles I took part in the 200yard prone deliberate, 200yard single snap and 500 yard prone deliberate. To be honest my performance with the m96 was average at best
but the k98 was a different story, I managed to win the 200 yard prone deliberate with a 48.3v which was a big surprise and also won the vet single snap.

I have never won anything at Bisley before so i'm sure you can imagine the grin on my face lasted for quite awhile and also I think I might have driven the Misses abit crazy talking about it so much.

A couple of pics.
Attachments
trafalgar rifle1.jpg
trafalgar rifle 2.jpg
trafalgar rfle 3.jpg
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Trafalgar 2016

#2 Post by dromia »

Well done! clapclap

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
idge

#3 Post by idge »

Thankyou Adam I think joining the hbsa gave me the confidence to shoot in comps like this .
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Well done with the K98 :good:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

I used to love the Trafalgar, it was my favourite Bisley meeting and it has given me a few "grins" over the years too.

You will never have a chance of doing well if you don't enter, if you do who knows what can happen on the day, winners are in all of us it is just case of getting it all good enough on the day. Some shoots I could do no wrong and others I could do nothing right.

The great shots always do more right that wrong.

I was never a keen competition shot and just saw the meetings as a way of getting a couple of full days shooting in, just get squaded, turn up, belly down and shoot. Then go up to the wailing wall of an evening and see how you have done, if you do well the great, if you don't then there is always next year, all fun and no pressure unless you bring it 'pon your self.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
idge

#6 Post by idge »

Thanks Christel, that is my best score with that rifle normaly mid to low 40s it just all clicked that day.
idge

#7 Post by idge »

Totally agree with that Adam. My main aim is to shoot with other people that enjoy historic service rifle as much as I do anything more is a bonus.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#8 Post by saddler »

While I congratulate you on a great Trafalgar result - & your HBSA membership, etc - one niggle!!

This M96 of which you speak would also like to have its photo posted. Just because the nut behind the butt went iffy on the day & shot maggies drawers with every other round aint a valid reason to punish a hard working Swedish pensioner.
Get the M96 photos up sharplike, or I'll send the Mrs.SimG round. And when I say round, I mean ROUND ;) :D

Us likes Swede bang-sticks us duz... shakeshout
idge

#9 Post by idge »

Might pop a couple up later my 2 year old little girl is juming on me at the moment.
WelshShooter

#10 Post by WelshShooter »

Congratulations! I'll be taking my Yugo M48 (i.e. Kar98 pattern rifle) to the range tomorrow for a bit of fun so it's always a nice reminder to know how well these rifles shoot.