F Class score sheets - Help!!

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

F Class score sheets - Help!!

#1 Post by johngarnett »

Good morning all F'ers
Please can anyone direct me to a score sheet / diagram for F class produced by Nick Tremlett 2011 (marked CNT2011 in margin) IN FULL A4 LANDSCAPE format?
I am sure I was able to download both an A5 and an A4 format. I have tried re orientating the A5 but not really successful. The GB F Class site only gives the A5 size
Thank you
JohnG :cornwall:
artiglio

Re: F Class score sheets - Help!!

#2 Post by artiglio »

Afternoon,

Just have a play with your print settings, I'm using windows 7, select- size to fit, and make sure your paper size is displayed. Uncheck the "choose paper source by PDF page size".

hth phil
Laurie

#3 Post by Laurie »

Are we talking about the 'short-range' 300/500/600 plot sheets here? I have 3 x A4 landscapes as PDFs marked CNT2011. (The reason for three versions is that they use different grid sizes in MOA terms.)

If it is these, you know that they are for an incorrect target centre that was abandoned after one GB FCA league outing at Diggle? They're OK for the V and 5-rings at 0.5 and 1-MOA respectively. The other lower scoring rings are inaccurate in that instead of increasing by 1-MOA diameter overall - ie an extra half-MOA windage allowance on each side - they only got half of that. That makes the 4-ring 1.5-MOA dia. instead of 2-MOA and the 3-ring was reduced from its proper 3-MOA diameter to 2-MOA overall.

Even given the advances in F-Class, there was widespread dissatisfaction with this target on its sole league outing at the Northern Short-Range Challenge at Diggle in spring 2012 being regarded as ridiculously 'hard' in the prevailing windy conditions at 600 yards - easy to score a 'one'! Since then, the 'local' PSSA combined distance 500/600 yard target has been used in this round. (However, with this match moving temporarily to Bisley in February 2017, I don't know what centre will be in use there.)
Laurie

#4 Post by Laurie »

Actually looking at a pic I took in the butts between relays on 17.04.2011 (my mistake, one year out in the previous post) it was 'worse' than I remembered. The 'one-ring' is incorporated into the 'black' and anything at all in the 'white' became a no-score hit.

Since that year, the league series 'opener' has moved forwards a month to March which can still be winter at Diggle and in subsequent years the problem has sometimes been in just seeing a target centre to aim at in driving rain or snow and trying to read wind changes to under half-MOA became a bit of an academic exercise in such conditions.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#5 Post by johngarnett »

Thank you for the reply Laurie. I shall use the current sheets from the GB F class site. I shall also play with printer settings!! I need all the help I can get!!
JohnG