CSR Rifle Suitability

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

Re: CSR Rifle Suitability

#61 Post by polemass »

Every body who was shooting last detail knows where was the problem-the ditch...and the bridge....(one person can tell more about it,from "frog" perspective...?)
This was not my idea to blind or roast anyone-normal spacing is sufficient for this compensator.But I must tell the weather must played the factor a bit...
Ammo was factory Barnaul FMJ,barrel is 12" long only(exl.compensator.....no worries here).With longer days/more light any flames are v-hard to notice,almost... :wave:

And back to the topic of this post...ANY rifle with 10rd mag will do the work in CSR.The weakest point is the shooter(sometimes equipment-but this can be eliminated almost completely).
And looking at provisional results,and compare with December across the board-something was in the air....but I know my shortcomings plus the state of shooters mind is v-important too.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#62 Post by shugie »

polemass wrote:Every body who was shooting last detail knows where was the problem-the ditch...and the bridge....(one person can tell more about it,from "frog" perspective...?)
This was not my idea to blind or roast anyone-normal spacing is sufficient for this compensator.But I must tell the weather must played the factor a bit...
Ammo was factory Barnaul FMJ,barrel is 12" long only(exl.compensator.....no worries here).With longer days/more light any flames are v-hard to notice,almost... :wave:

And back to the topic of this post...ANY rifle with 10rd mag will do the work in CSR.The weakest point is the shooter(sometimes equipment-but this can be eliminated almost completely).
And looking at provisional results,and compare with December across the board-something was in the air....but I know my shortcomings plus the state of shooters mind is v-important too.
There was someone shooting a K31, which does not, as far as I am aware, have anything more than a six round magazine.
Careful now/that sort of thing
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#63 Post by breacher »

He was next to me.

He had stripper clips too and was very fast - got all his rounds off.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#64 Post by kennyc »

shugie wrote:
polemass wrote:Every body who was shooting last detail knows where was the problem-the ditch...and the bridge....(one person can tell more about it,from "frog" perspective...?)

There was someone shooting a K31, which does not, as far as I am aware, have anything more than a six round magazine.
there are some after market 20 round mags around, although they reload very quickly with strippers as Breacher says
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#65 Post by shugie »

breacher wrote:He was next to me.

I've done that with mine, they are quick to use, but I thought that the rules required a ten round magazine?
Careful now/that sort of thing
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#66 Post by breacher »

shugie wrote:
breacher wrote:He was next to me.

I've done that with mine, they are quick to use, but I thought that the rules required a ten round magazine?
Not sure - I leave that to the RO etc.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#67 Post by polemass »

I preferred to use stripper clips only in Historic CSR.
"K31 man" was quick...ok,but what about performance...?
My biggest-and maybe only one-goal in CSR is to get ALL rounds on target...
Still looooong waaaaay to go for me.... :oops:
Mitch308
Home club or Range: KLSM and The Grove

#68 Post by Mitch308 »

I wasn't complaining, I thought it was brilliant, Its really nice to see these rifles on the firing point, as you say the ditch was an issue, to be in line with my target I would have needed to stand on the bridge to shoot, and being as it was like a skating ring that was only ever going to end one way, as a couple of people found out just walking over it (I did try not to laugh, but it was funny)
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#69 Post by Airbrush »

polemass wrote:I preferred to use stripper clips only in Historic CSR.
"K31 man" was quick...ok,but what about performance...?
My biggest-and maybe only one-goal in CSR is to get ALL rounds on target...
Still looooong waaaaay to go for me.... :oops:
I've been doing it for 5 years & the sunday am match was the first time I've managed to get all rounds on, it's not easy. :good:
Individual
Past Supporter

#70 Post by Individual »

Airbrush wrote: I've been doing it for 5 years & the sunday am match was the first time I've managed to get all rounds on, it's not easy. :good:
Same here cheers

Although the afternoon match was a different story. wtf