Any Lever Release owners shooting practical this year?

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Any Lever Release owners shooting practical this year?

#1 Post by Mikaveli »

Anyone planning to attend either the Crocketford or Bedford UKPSA LBF rounds later this year?

If not, where are you competing (practical or otherwise)?

...and if you're not competing - why not? any????
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

Re: Any Lever Release owners shooting practical this year?

#2 Post by Maggot »

Because they keep getting their butts whipped by folk with cheaper, more reliable straight pull and bolties mate ;)
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

Mikaveli wrote:

Not everyone wants to shoot competitively.
Mikaveli

#4 Post by Mikaveli »

Maggot wrote:Because they keep getting their butts whipped by folk with cheaper, more reliable straight pull and bolties mate ;)
Ha ha - quite possibly. Although I was referring more to UKPSA / IPSC practical shooting rather then "practical rifle" or similar.

...any comps where the Lever Release master race are competing against each other, basically. :good: lol bangbang

I've started going to the UKPSA's LBF competitions ( basically practical shotgun for mini rifles, LBR and LBP and gallery rifles). 22s are very well represented, and there's a good few in the other categories - but so far a low turnout from Lever Release shooters.
Mikaveli

#5 Post by Mikaveli »

RDC wrote:
Mikaveli wrote:

Not everyone wants to shoot competitively.
Maybe, but they'd be missing out - remember you don't actually have to be competitive to enter competitions.

When I did PSG, a lot of guys would come out just to try a different course of fire / style of shooting (with setups that typically aren't available at most clubs) - many with guns that would never be competitive. Just for fun - novel concept, I know.

I think a few more people should get out there and try it - some might actually enjoy themselves!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#6 Post by Maggot »

Fair, you did write practical or otherwise....

I have seen one in use in the CSR league and I have a lot of time for the user, but the rifle seems a liability.

Personally, unless they were tried, tested, and proven to be necessary to compete then I would avoid, simply because the top people do nicely without them, and simplicity, accuracy and reliability are key in that particular discipline. Another of my bretherin is looking at getting one and I hope for his sake he keeps his straight pull...just in case. but if it works great.

Having had my fair share of stoppages with semi/fully autos in the past and so very few with straight pulls/bolties, if you dont need it, shove it :good:

I can create enough stoppages on my own ta wallhead Just ask Dan the man about the Roberts in March and my bout of firing point tourettes :run: Dropped 30 points by simply smacking a mag onto an open bolt....bugger....hardly missed a target after that as well by all accounts. If it had been the agony snaps no worries....but the fastest part of the rapid teanews My fault, lesson learned.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Michael, had CCA managed to produce a 9mm MARS action gun I suspect you'd have a lot more competitors to go against (well, at least one right here anyway!) I've been looking into a range safe/certified .223 loading or 7.62x39mm that will also cycle the action of the gun but sadly I think I'm chasing unicorns :cry:
DVC
Mikaveli

#8 Post by Mikaveli »

Blackstuff wrote:Michael, had CCA managed to produce a 9mm MARS action gun I suspect you'd have a lot more competitors to go against (well, at least one right here anyway!) I've been looking into a range safe/certified .223 loading or 7.62x39mm that will also cycle the action of the gun but sadly I think I'm chasing unicorns :cry:
To be honest, a few more choices on gun / maker would probably help all round.

Wonder if anyone will come up with another pistol cal lever release?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Hopefully someone will, if some one could come up with a pistol caliber trigger release AR platform gun I think they'd struggle to keep up with orders! fingerscrossed
DVC
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#10 Post by shugie »

Maggot wrote:Fair, you did write practical or otherwise....

I have seen one in use in the CSR league and I have a lot of time for the user, but the rifle seems a liability.

Personally, unless they were tried, tested, and proven to be necessary to compete then I would avoid, simply because the top people do nicely without them, and simplicity, accuracy and reliability are key in that particular discipline. Another of my bretherin is looking at getting one and I hope for his sake he keeps his straight pull...just in case. but if it works great.

Having had my fair share of stoppages with semi/fully autos in the past and so very few with straight pulls/bolties, if you dont need it, shove it :good:

I can create enough stoppages on my own ta wallhead Just ask Dan the man about the Roberts in March and my bout of firing point tourettes :run: Dropped 30 points by simply smacking a mag onto an open bolt....bugger....hardly missed a target after that as well by all accounts. If it had been the agony snaps no worries....but the fastest part of the rapid teanews My fault, lesson learned.
Agony snaps?
Careful now/that sort of thing