Looking for something to do in September?

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

Looking for something to do in September?

#1 Post by JSC »

September is a bit quiet when it comes to shooting matches over here, so if you have a bit of spare cash and a few days to spare in the middle of September, why not join a few of us making the trip to represent the UK in the 2017 World Shooting Championship?

ALL guns and ammo provided - you just bring eye and ear protection. Makes it easy to travel and gives you more room to bring back all those shooting goodies you need.

You'll be competing against like minded amateurs who just enjoy shooting different types of guns and want to have fun. You can leave the competitive bit to the pros, but they don't always have it their own way. Shooting unfamiliar guns and disciplines has caused some big upsets in the past and given us 'weekend shooters' a chance to beat even the top pros...

The prize table has to be seen to be believed and it's not all guns you can't bring back to the UK. Last year I walked away with a $2500 Nightforce scope.

All you need to know is here:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... mpionship/

PM or ask here if you have any questions about any aspect of the match. I've been there the past 3 years and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys shooting, regardless of how competitive you may be. ;)
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Looking for something to do in September?

#2 Post by shugie »

JSC wrote:September is a bit quiet when it comes to shooting matches over here, so if you have a bit of spare cash and a few days to spare in the middle of September, why not join a few of us making the trip to represent the UK in the 2017 World Shooting Championship?

ALL guns and ammo provided - you just bring eye and ear protection. Makes it easy to travel and gives you more room to bring back all those shooting goodies you need.

You'll be competing against like minded amateurs who just enjoy shooting different types of guns and want to have fun. You can leave the competitive bit to the pros, but they don't always have it their own way. Shooting unfamiliar guns and disciplines has caused some big upsets in the past and given us 'weekend shooters' a chance to beat even the top pros...

The prize table has to be seen to be believed and it's not all guns you can't bring back to the UK. Last year I walked away with a $2500 Nightforce scope.

All you need to know is here:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... mpionship/

PM or ask here if you have any questions about any aspect of the match. I've been there the past 3 years and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys shooting, regardless of how competitive you may be. ;)
What does it cost?
Careful now/that sort of thing
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

I was hoping to make it this year (30th Birthday pressie to myself), but other stuff has got in the way and taken the cash unfortunately!

It looks like such good fun!
danbow
Home club or Range: The Three Stags Shooting Society

#4 Post by danbow »

shugie wrote:
What does it cost?

$325 for amateurs and juniors. I would imagine flights and accommodation are all up to you but there is a link about half way down the page with more info.

Dan
Loser always whine about trying their best, Winners go home . . .
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#5 Post by Daryll »

Yep, I'll be going... I went with JSC last year and its great fun...

Theres a report in the "Range reports" forum.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27987
JSC
Past Supporter

#6 Post by JSC »

Four from the UK now registered.

Anyone else from on here?

If we get a few more, we'll be able to have our own 'Brit Squad' :flag13:
JSC
Past Supporter

#7 Post by JSC »

5 Brits now doing this match and entries are over half full, so if you're thinking of entering don't leave it too late.