McQueens and TR scoring ring sizes?

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

Re: McQueens and TR scoring ring sizes?

#11 Post by Andy632 »

The Lord Flashheart wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:Very doable at 50 yards if you know your rifle.
I got this one on Friday, still getting to know her but plenty of promise:

Jeez, you missed a few, is it that bad??
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Ham & Pea

#12 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Andy632 wrote:
The Lord Flashheart wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:Very doable at 50 yards if you know your rifle.
I got this one on Friday, still getting to know her but plenty of promise:

Jeez, you missed a few, is it that bad??

Sorry Andy, I'm not sure I follow?
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#13 Post by kennyc »

The Lord Flashheart wrote:They are lovely things, I have one in WMR as well as this one.

The stock on them is as substantial as a centrefire, the trigger is excellent for a sporting rifle and the barrel seems very good indeed.

I don't think I can bring myself to get this one screw cut and so will probably be looking for another .22 in due course.

Those groups were shot at 50 m and in every case where the group isn't a ragged hole I felt I pulled the shot, can't wait to take it out to 100m but I was so impressed with it that I stuck the Zeiss victory 6-24x56 from my 243 on it to test th accuracy
the trigger on my 201 is a double set trigger, once set the release is, shall we say, insubstantial! yet it has managed to survive lots of jolting and banging around in a truck whilst rabbiting without once releasing accidently! very impressive. the finish on mine is not as immaculate as Flashies and the stock bedding needs sorting out, but overall a nice rifle and in WMR a good choice for bunnies and the occassional .223 resistant fox :p
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#14 Post by Andy632 »

I got this one on Friday, still getting to know her but plenty of promise:[/quote]

Jeez, you missed a few, is it that bad??[/quote]

Sorry Andy, I'm not sure I follow?[/quote]

At least 3 of the targets are clear!
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#15 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Andy632 wrote:I got this one on Friday, still getting to know her but plenty of promise:

Jeez, you missed a few, is it that bad??[/quote]

Sorry Andy, I'm not sure I follow?[/quote]

At least 3 of the targets are clear![/quote]

Oh right. :D

That's because I didn't shoot at them, I ran out of the RWS match ammo. :D
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#16 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

kennyc wrote:
The Lord Flashheart wrote:They are lovely things, I have one in WMR as well as this one.

The stock on them is as substantial as a centrefire, the trigger is excellent for a sporting rifle and the barrel seems very good indeed.

I don't think I can bring myself to get this one screw cut and so will probably be looking for another .22 in due course.

Those groups were shot at 50 m and in every case where the group isn't a ragged hole I felt I pulled the shot, can't wait to take it out to 100m but I was so impressed with it that I stuck the Zeiss victory 6-24x56 from my 243 on it to test th accuracy
the trigger on my 201 is a double set trigger, once set the release is, shall we say, insubstantial! yet it has managed to survive lots of jolting and banging around in a truck whilst rabbiting without once releasing accidently! very impressive. the finish on mine is not as immaculate as Flashies and the stock bedding needs sorting out, but overall a nice rifle and in WMR a good choice for bunnies and the occassional .223 resistant fox :p
You don't fancy selling me that double trigger do you Kenny?

Dear, sweet, generous Kenny... :D