LBP Practical & Gallery Comps

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
MistAgain

Re: LBP Practical & Gallery Comps

#51 Post by MistAgain »

Dromia , I had a feeling that the OP was more involved with this Glocky thing than he was telling us .

To me it looks like he joined the forum just to promote it .

But some questions for ghOst , why do you think Neal had his Glock look alike built from aftermarket parts when he could have bought a Glock at trade price , sold the barrel and slide , then fitted an aftermarket barrel and slide ?

Why do you think Richard Wilson cannot buy a Smith & Wesson in USA , remove the barrel and sell it , stick a 12 inch barrel and coat hanger on it , then import it and sell it here ?

Or why do you think Alan Westlake does not buy a Buckmark pistol in USA , sell the barrel , stick a 12 inch barrel and coathanger on it , then import it here ?

Getting the conversions done in USA as I have suggested would have resulted in the pistols being a lot cheaper here , so there must be a good reason why they didnt do it .

Perhasps you will enlighten us all .
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#52 Post by Gh0st »

I'll refer to my original statement. I have no interest in joining forums to promote anything.

I can understand your sceptical views. The industry is a funny one with its rules and regs prohibiting what can be done. Especially when there are limited people bringing in new things to the UK market.

I won't be drawn into what other people / companies are capable of achieving or not achieving in some cases that's not fair to do so.

I'll be happy to post pics when it's arrived. It seems most have already made up their minds though. But it's your choice, it is a forum after all.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#53 Post by Dellboy »

having a spare 22 pistol slot and a lump of cash i am interested ,surely the supplier would cut costs by bringing in more than one .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gh0st

#54 Post by Gh0st »

No doubt they will be cheaper to produce in bulk and the same with any commodity. From the little i know its clear that no one brings in too many as the risk of not selling stock is quite high.

If you look at LBP sales the high end ones only get brought in either to order or pre sold batches.

I love the look of the VQ LBP's but they are extortionate for what they are.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

MistAgain

#55 Post by MistAgain »

Gh0st wrote: I love the look of the VQ LBP's but they are extortionate for what they are.
The starting price of a V-2000 is roughly $1100.00 .

Add to that : air freight .
Freight agents fees at both ends .
Air freight handling charges (Dangerous goods have a surcharge)
Customs clearance.
Import duty
Proofing over here.
Plus a lot of other small costs that all add to the final price .

So considering the exchange rate , VQ pistols are good value .
Gh0st

#56 Post by Gh0st »

I guess it depends on your perception of good value.

I agree with your statement but compared to other available options they are expensive.

It's relative to any sport. My golf clubs were expensive e but it's doesn't make me any better. Well maybe marginally dropped a few shots on my handicap.

Back to supply and demand. More demand equals. Water prices for the general public?

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#57 Post by dromia »

Gh0st wrote:it is something we've talked about doing for a while and has just come to fruition.

In terms of timescale we were hoping to have it ready for the end of September. I can guarantee it's going to materialise. Sights are picked. Colours chosen ed&t underway
The use of the collective "we" along with the "inside" knowledge you purport to have would suggest more involvement than just knowing for 20 years who might be bringing them in.

It would be in your interest here to be more specific about these guns and their source and your relationship to same, such vagueness does not help you here.

I suggest that you become more forthcoming with facts as requested for this thread to continue.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
MistAgain

#58 Post by MistAgain »

dromia wrote:
Gh0st wrote:it is something we've talked about doing for a while and has just come to fruition.

In terms of timescale we were hoping to have it ready for the end of September. I can guarantee it's going to materialise. Sights are picked. Colours chosen ed&t underway
The use of the collective "we" along with the "inside" knowledge you purport to have would suggest more involvement than just knowing for 20 years who might be bringing them in.

It would be in your interest here to be more specific about these guns and their source and your relationship to same, such vagueness does not help you here.

I suggest that you become more forthcoming with facts as requested for this thread to continue.
Might I suggest that you leave this thread to run for two good reasons ( But maybe move it to Handguns or Vendors)

Reason 1 . GhOst and his friend may have uncovered a loophole in the law that will allow many more shooters to have a wider selection of Long Barrel Pistols available to them . ( I want a S & W 41 )

Reason 2 . If the LBP that GhOst and his friend intend to import is just a tiny bit naughty , members of this forum will hear about it first , and will not put their hard earned cash at risk .
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#59 Post by dromia »

Whilst I appreciate the points you have raised, dis-ingenuity will not be encouraged.

If the OP clarifies the relationship and is more specific about the firearms then all will be well, if not then the thread will be locked.

If the company concerned wishes to promote the products on the Vendor Sponsor forum then all they need to do is become a member, contribute and ask for a slot.

I do not find these vague and cryptic threads about might be's helpful and they almost verge on trolling.

Trying to "build up some interest and hype" about a non specific firearm on a thread called "LBP Practical & Gallery Comps" is not helpful and is back door product promotion, if the vendors want to promote it then there is a mechanism for that, if a member has one and want to share experiences of it then that is fine, this thread as it currently stands is dubious, and unless the OP is more forthcoming the thread will be locked as there is nothing to say on the topic 'till the firearms are ready for sale here and all the questions can be answered by those who actually know something about the guns, the retailers, makers or owners.

This looks suspiciously like a crass, vested interest attempt at product promotion here through the back door, I wait to be convinced otherwise by the OP via direct and specific answers, failure to do so and the thread will be locked.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gh0st

#60 Post by Gh0st »

So just to clarify. Because I know the person who owns a company who manufactures items that can be retailed in the UK it's automatically assumed I am advertising.

Surely if I was posting company names and prices this would be deemed as advertising. Yet because I'm not I'm still advertising? The iLBP will be retailed through a RFD, which RFD I have no idea. But of course if I was advertising I'd be pushing people to them.

Not the reaction I'd hoped for from an established forum. Surely people would be interested in variations on a limited market.

Forums are there to discuss common interests. If you feel you need to lock the thread because it provokes conversation then I'm really not sure why the forum exists. If you feel it needs renaming or moving to a different section then fine.