NRA std medals.

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

Re: NRA std medals.

#11 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

As I understand it we are talking about 2 different things within the same competition
Firstly you have medals which are awarded (as long as there are sufficient entries ) for 1st,2nd & 3rd place in each class. i.e. X, A & B class. These are free and will be engraved on the back and sent to you.

Secondly you have standards which are levels of achievement within your class i.e. Gold, silver and bronze standard. This is the benchmark set each year from the averages, in order to progress through the classes you must shoot a gold standard score. So if you are in B class and shoot a gold standard score the next time you shoot that particular event you will be in A class. In all NRA "classified" meetings no medals are awarded for reaching a standard.
This however is not the case if you shoot the Imperial meeting where you have the option to buy a medal, either Gold, Silver or Bronze if you have shoot a standard score.
In the Imperial to win a medal you must either be placed in one of the medal matches or submit 2 or more scores in a particular event and the person with the highest score from 2 wins a large Gold medal.
The unusual thing with the Imperial is you can enter the same event as many time as you want.

So an example could be you like competing in Advancing target so you shoot advancing target 5 times and hand in your scorecards, stats will then find your best 2 from 5 and that would be your score to win the large Gold if you are the highest.
Hope that makes sense :flag5: