All hail to the King..!!

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

All hail to the King..!!

#1 Post by Daryll »

You may remember that last year JSC (John Chambers) and I went to the US NRA World Shooting Championships, held at the Peacemaker National Training Center in Glengary, West Virginia.

We went again this year, along with 4 other Brits...(I won't name them, as i havent asked their permission... if you're on this forum, shout out..!).

Over 3 days and 12 varied stages, including Clays, long range (ish) rifle, small bore steel challenge, Practical and precision pistol, and 2-gun and 3-gun, we all had a blast and shot all manner of things that are a distant memory in this country...

One of the 4 Brits was leading the amateurs on the 5 Stand clays after 2 days, but was pipped down to 2nd place on the last day.
I was getting excited after 2 1/2 days when I was 34th on the USPSA... but during the last afternoon of shooting I think everyone did better than I, dropping me down to 90th.

However, one of us led many of the stages from the start with the end result that......

John Chambers is the new Amateur World Shooting Champion....!!!! shakeshout

Us other Brits were 104th, 119th (me), 129th, 142nd and 145th... out of 215 amateurs (there were originally 230+, but several no-shows)... so it goes to show that while the Yanks have the toys to play with, and places to shoot them, it doesn't neccesarily make them good shots!

(Actually they wern't all Yanks... there was a French couple (who live in the US), 2 Aussies and some South Africans, not sure how many...)

All of us have said we'll return next year, (SWMBO's allowing) and John will have his title to defend.. anyone else fancy joining us..?

Full report and pics/videos to follow.

Daryll.
The Gun Pimp

Re: All hail to the King..!!

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Awesome result for John and well done the rest of you guys for going over there and taking on the challenge.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by JSC »

:D

As I had the first pick of the rather large and impressive prize table, I went for one of the Surgeon .308 rifles we shot on the PRS stage. One of the few guns I can actually take back to the UK!

This is such a great match, but we need more Brits to enter. It'll be on the same dates next year so get planning!
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#4 Post by Hrun »

I think one of our club members was there, but I don't think he is on this forum..
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Bravo to you all and especially John, that is a superb result cheers
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BamBam

#6 Post by BamBam »

Well shot John! cheers
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#7 Post by Duey »

Well done to everyone and a huge hurraa to John
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#8 Post by Airbrush »

Well done John, you sure can shoot.
fenix
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by fenix »

That's quiet incredible, well done to all that attended.
RDC

#10 Post by RDC »

Awesome!