World Shooting Championship 2018 in the U.S.

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

World Shooting Championship 2018 in the U.S.

#1 Post by JSC »

You may have seen in another thread a few of us went over from the UK to shoot the NRA WSC last month and had a great time (and did quite well against the Yanks!).

The match will be held again in September 2018 and it would be great if we could get even more Brits to make the trip and show them how good we are at their own game with their own guns.

I've been wondering if some have held back from doing it because they're not sure what to expect or think they won't do well at some of the disciplines they don't (or can't) shoot over here.

So I'm considering running some sort of 'boot camp' prior to next year's match so I can share the experiences I've had and pass on some tips to help you if you want to enter.

This could take the form of an informal get together in the UK before we go. We could also do some dry practise/gun handling exercises and maybe live fire practise if there was enough interest.

There is also the possibility I could arrange a couple of day's practise in the U.S. just before the actual match, using the same guns you'd be shooting in the event itself (pistols, ARs, shotguns etc.).

It's all just an idea at the moment, but let me know if something like that might help you decide to do the match, so I can get an idea of numbers and maybe start some sort of mailing list to share information between now and then.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: World Shooting Championship 2018 in the U.S.

#2 Post by JSC »

A couple of pieces in Shooting Sports USA on this year's WSC for anyone interested.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/ssu ... ex.php#/34
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#3 Post by Daryll »

I'm up for it again... I've already been discussing a US holiday next year with SWMBO, which "just may" end up in West Virginia in the middle of September...

lol
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

If I wasn't spending all my money getting married in Vegas the month before, I'd be sorely tempted... :(
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#5 Post by Daryll »

TattooedGun wrote:If I wasn't spending all my money getting married in Vegas the month before, I'd be sorely tempted... :(
Make a road-trip of it... get some practise in LV, then a gentle (month long) tour of the US, ending up in West Virginia.. lol
BamBam

#6 Post by BamBam »

Poland and Texas for me next year so won't be able to do it, sounds very good though!