CSR - equipment

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

CSR - equipment

#1 Post by Geek »

Dear all,

I am going to watch a CSR (and possibly mini rifle) completion next month at my local club with the intention of competing next year and I would be interested in what equipment you use for carrying magazines (both full and empty) also, do you use a sling for CSR?

Any pictures much appreciated.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Re: CSR - equipment

#2 Post by breacher »

You dont need to carry magazines really.

When the CoF dictates 2 mags of 5rds - you can just place the spare on the ground next to you.

On run downs your safety supervisor can carry your extra mags. Same in the urban match.

I dont use a sling. But some of the top scorers do.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#3 Post by Airbrush »

I assume the club will be Diggle? The lads there will give you a good idea on what gear to get.

Slings are a very personal thing, some shoot well with them, personally I've never got on with them & believe me i've tried.
Individual
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Individual »

As breacher says , no fancy kit required.
Put them in your pockets or get your safety supervisor to carry them.

Slings are a personal choice, but if you don't usually shoot with one then you probably wont want one just for CSR.
Dunc
Home club or Range: Marlow

#5 Post by Dunc »

I do use a sling but it can be a pain. Firstly, the POI changes and the change is dependent on the tightness. And the tightness you want changes for each position you're in. Prone is very different to the buckle position/length/tightness of say sitting, standing or kneeling.

My suggestion is for the first few matches, don't bother with a sling...
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

Dunc wrote:I do use a sling but it can be a pain. Firstly, the POI changes and the change is dependent on the tightness. And the tightness you want changes for each position you're in. Prone is very different to the buckle position/length/tightness of say sitting, standing or kneeling.

My suggestion is for the first few matches, don't bother with a sling...
POI shouldn't change from POA with varying tightness of the sling if the barrel is floated properly and the sling is set up correctly.
A sling can be a huge benefit if you know how to use it and have practised with it. Otherwise when getting in and out of position quickly the sling can get in the way and cause more problems than it needs to and then you might be better off without it.

Basically all you need is a rifle, a couple of mags and ammo (ear defs a must and glasses optional but recommended). Then everything else is varying amounts of fluff, to keep you dry or warm, or to make your time between details easier.
Start simple and add stuff as you find you needed it or could have done with it on the previous match.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

And on the opposite side of the spectrum you will definitely need a belt and mag pouches for mini-rifle. The options available to you are very mush dependant on the gun you're using. AR's have the biggest selection unsurprisingly.

I use Fast Mag pouches on a Ghost belt. You can pay for the real-I-am ones but most people just use the Chinese knock offs as you can get 3 of those for the cost one 1 'real' one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tact ... xcW-pDfL0Q

You can get them for MP5's/sub gun size guns too.

There are also clip type systems available (or you can even just bodge your own);

http://www.practicalsportingsupplies.co ... stems.html

Don't bother with a sling for mini-rifle comps, they only get in the way.
DVC
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#8 Post by Dellboy »

Blackstuff wrote:And on the opposite side of the spectrum you will definitely need a belt and mag pouches for mini-rifle. The options available to you are very mush dependant on the gun you're using. AR's have the biggest selection unsurprisingly.

I use Fast Mag pouches on a Ghost belt. You can pay for the real-I-am ones but most people just use the Chinese knock offs as you can get 3 of those for the cost one 1 'real' one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tact ... xcW-pDfL0Q

You can get them for MP5's/sub gun size guns too.

There are also clip type systems available (or you can even just bodge your own);

http://www.practicalsportingsupplies.co ... stems.html

Don't bother with a sling for mini-rifle comps, they only get in the way.

what mags do you use Blackstuff as im unsure what size you need for s&w mags
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

D'oh! I didn't click on the drop down for the pouch size, I just assumed it would be listed by 'calibre'. I'm presuming 'middle' will be AR/M4 size magazines with 7.62 being 'large'. There are tons of sellers of them on Ebay to be honest so i'd just find another one that states the calibre/magazine size properly.
DVC
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

Shot CSR at Diggle and they prefer you to have mag pouches of some type, that might just be for the urban contact match, can't remember. A bag for your empty brass is a good idea too.