CSR information

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
A saffa
Home club or Range: Bisley

CSR information

#1 Post by A saffa »

Hi Chaps.

Trying to get deeper into CSR. Done the courses etc. Is there a mailing list or something where I could get training dates etc. Any help please lads.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Re: CSR information

#2 Post by breacher »

A saffa wrote:Hi Chaps.

Trying to get deeper into CSR. Done the courses etc. Is there a mailing list or something where I could get training dates etc. Any help please lads.

Look at NRA website - details there.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher

#3 Post by breacher »

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#4 Post by Airbrush »

Hi mate,

Good to meet you last night. Best training you can do is to enter all the winter league matches tbh.
Whizzbang

#5 Post by Whizzbang »

Airbrush wrote:Hi mate,

Good to meet you last night. Best training you can do is to enter all the winter league matches tbh.
^This.

New CSR shooters are squadded with someone who can help them along. You’ve done the courses, now the fun begins!

Come along, you won’t regret it!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#6 Post by Maggot »

The HRA (High Power Rifle association) are looking to start and run regular CSR practices in the near future.

Get yourself onto the CSR shooter forum as informal and club dates will be flagged up. We occasionally have Urban Contact practice days which would be neigh on impossible at club level as you hire the whole of short siberia.

But as Andy says, shoot in the winter league. It will be murky to start with but we are a good bunch for looking after each other and are all found wanting. Its a slog (but a rewarding one) at any level and you compete against yourself. League shoots are normally the only place you will get complete practices fired. A few clubs run practuice days running up to the Methuen but that is about it.

Nobody gets excited unless you are unsafe and things should never be allowed to get that far...oh yes, we also get excited if you balls up an Imperial practice for the shooter by not giving 100% in the butts....
A saffa
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by A saffa »

. I’ll get signed up. See you guys there.

Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#8 Post by Maggot »

A saffa wrote:. I’ll get signed up. See you guys there.

Top man, but as the boys say, shoot in the league and keep an eye out for informal range days. Running up to the league (first weekend in October) you will see various zeroing days.

IMO these are essential. Too many people use apps or the electronic targets at Bisley only to find the bloody things are not calibrated properly or the input data was pants.

This might get you on the paper up to 300, but further back you may well miss. The up side of this is you should see the misses in the sand (aiming off and miss drills), the downside is the shooter is up against it enough without having doubts about elevations.

Also, zero days are a good chance to shoot at 400 sitting which is fairly difficult to book weekends.

PS. When you intro yourself make sure you declare your proper name, or you wont get access :good:
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Also for fairness sake please mention that you got advise from this forum, the CSR forum is very quick at slagging this forum off.
breacher

#10 Post by breacher »

christel wrote:Also for fairness sake please mention that you got advise from this forum, the CSR forum is very quick at slagging this forum off.
Both sides in this are as bad as each other.

Even Mo Molam could not fix it !

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire