What did you get for Christmas?

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

#31 Post by Chuck »

I think that it's a pity some people cannot see Christmas for what it is meant to represent (whether you are religious or not) not what it has become i.e. an orgy of gluttony and extortion.

But, at least they are honest about it. For sure it tells you who your friends are - and are not, same with family. Personally this year was not so good as being over here in the sun it was just another day with a better than usual dinner.

Whatever, there's always next year all being well. On a brighter note, that's the turkey finished at last lol lol lol
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#32 Post by David Nimrod »

Chuck wrote:
For sure it tells you who your friends are - and are not, same with family.

Whatever, there's always next year all being well...
My thoughts exactly... on both counts! cheers
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#33 Post by froggy »

It is actually an original Mauser 45 not a MAS 45.
Even better :good:
Does it have any WaA anywhere by any chance ? Yours should have a slightly longer barrel than the Mas45 ?
My understanding is that the extremely rare ones produced/issued (?) for the WH might have been single shoots ? In any case, the spare parts left at the end of the war unused in the Oberndorf factory were used to re-start the production for the French occupation Forces , meaning the very 1st serie issued to the French were 100% made in Germany using mainly 2WW period made parts. IMO, yours is one of them.

I don't think this rifle is ever likely to be for sale in the next 5 or 10 years my friend
I am glad to hear that as it means it went to an very appreciative owner :good:
I have 2 Mas45 . An full house parkerized Froggy one made in St Etienne and a blued Mauser "Deutschland Gemacht" that unfortunately was fitted with a stupid peep sight.
Yours is truly awesome !! :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/