Gun Cabinet Recommendations

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
KidsClays&Cartridges
Home club or Range: Bolton & NRP, Diggle Ranges

Re: Gun Cabinet Recommendations

#11 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

strangesam wrote:Having looked at the Infac range, i'm interested in the Infac S5 or SD5 but can't find anywhere to find out how much they weigh. Getting my 40KG safe installed last time was hard work, would like something a bit lighter.

How do they compare quality wise with BrattonSound?
Try here for weight.

https://www.infac-sl.com/13-cajas-seguridad

Will report back on quality when mine arrives
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

strangesam wrote:Having looked at the Infac range, i'm interested in the Infac S5 or SD5 but can't find anywhere to find out how much they weigh. Getting my 40KG safe installed last time was hard work, would like something a bit lighter.

How do they compare quality wise with BrattonSound?
From seeing/handling friends Brattonsound cabinets i'd say they're comparable in quality of finish etc. The main thing you notice on a cabinet/safe however is the door and they use different door types so its hard to get an exact like-for-like comparison. I much prefer the single key/vault style door INFAC cabinets have though as to me it seems much more secure.

Its not without its downsides though as if one of the bars gets jammed the door can be 'permanently' locked open or closed. This has happened to me before, fortunately when the door was open. A little gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet was all it took to fix it. Now every once and a while I give all of the bars a 'spin' with my fingers to make sure they're not binding to the casing.

EDIT: I'm waiting to hear back from the police whether the locations I've suggested for a 2nd cabinet would be at all suitable. Amazingly when I brought this up with the wife she was more keen on just replacing the existing cabinet with a bigger one, and using savings money to do it :o Supposedly because she doesn't want another space in the house taken up by an "ugly metal box" but my suspicions are thoroughly raised..... lol
DVC
KidsClays&Cartridges
Home club or Range: Bolton & NRP, Diggle Ranges

#13 Post by KidsClays&Cartridges »

Shelves dead easy to remove. Hopefully photos are enough but here an explanation:

One of the floor panels pulls up with a tab. This then lets you take out the dividers. The metal mounting system for the shelves can be unscrewed from the partitions too. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to remove the back panel to access the mounting holes. The back and side panels appear to be glued on around the edges and I dont want to just rip them out. Also dont want to drill through the lining panels so its got me stumped at the moment.

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

Thanks for the update :good:

Bit of a strange one with the back panel though 5mith Surely they don't expect you to drill through the material and have the bolt through there as would be a much weak fixing than the bolt on the steel of the cabinet?
DVC