The Times article on Practicle Shooting

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: The Times article on Practicle Shooting

#21 Post by Christel »

The antis distort the truth...

I have posted the video before however it needs to be seen by as many as possible.

Just like the Times article which is full of distorted "information" Wild Justice uses the same tactics.

“If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment.”
G.K. Chesterton

Same scenario we are facing as shooters. Good question, who can stand up to that situation in the media.

Also I think the words "gun rights activist" sound very negative.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#22 Post by Sim G »

And at the minute, who do you think the press and media will look to for the “balance” in any shooting related article/news segment? Long Collins, I have no doubt. For the simple reason he’s so easily to discredit and presents himself as a lunatic and plonker in equal measures! He’s the anti’s dream!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#23 Post by Christel »

Sim G wrote:And at the minute, who do you think the press and media will look to for the “balance” in any shooting related article/news segment? Long Collins, I have no doubt. For the simple reason he’s so easily to discredit and presents himself as a lunatic and plonker in equal measures! He’s the anti’s dream!
Yup, he loves it as well, all the attention. Not good for the shooting community though.

Before anyone says anything about we have to stand united and all that, he is one person I do not want on my side as a shooter.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#24 Post by David TS »

Sim G wrote:
Gh0st wrote:
Sim G wrote:Callum is toxic as far as promoting shooting is concerned. Any person, business or organisation giving him the space to flex his ego is sorely mistaken....
So playing devils advocate, if Callum gets his license reinstated will peoples opinions change? You’ll no longer be able to use that against him? Will his videos hold more weight if his fight to overturn the original decision is upheld?

No, it wouldn’t. My opinion of him has existed before he lost his FAC and SGC. His videos were amateurish, technically inept, misleading and nothing more than self promotion. When he then lost his tickets, it only confirmed my thinking of the individual. And the fact that people in the sport and industry still give him credibility further compounds that our sport and legal gun ownership, is on the way out.

I believe in another thread recently concerning the self proclaimed gun messiah you took the words right out of my mouth. You just did it again!
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#25 Post by David TS »

christel wrote:
Sim G wrote:And at the minute, who do you think the press and media will look to for the “balance” in any shooting related article/news segment? Long Collins, I have no doubt. For the simple reason he’s so easily to discredit and presents himself as a lunatic and plonker in equal measures! He’s the anti’s dream!
Yup, he loves it as well, all the attention. Not good for the shooting community though.

Before anyone says anything about we have to stand united and all that, he is one person I do not want on my side as a shooter.

Likewise, and I have told him that directly.

What scares me more than anything is that as SimG says he will end up in the Packham et al camp when the media want some feedback, and ultimately every time he opens his mouth to the media Long Collins will only in one way or another discredit shooting sports.

His ego and self importance and loving hearing the sound of his own voice override the fact he isn't intelligent enough to understand when he is being manipulated and used.
BamBam

#26 Post by BamBam »

I told CLC over the phone that he needed to keep his head down until his situation was resolved.
Kept him talking for 20 minutes when he phoned to shout at me about the meme used to out him.
He also squeaked some veiled threats, which shows his lack of character.

As the one who publicly outed him for having lost his certificates I am hated by him and the members of his clique.

I've redacted the names of everyone else.

That was about his video where he claimed straight pull rifles were being banned, another knee jerk response when he had no facts.
He claimed at the time that his certificate revocation was a rumour, later he would confirm this with a crocodile teared video, once he had seen the meme, called me and then confirmed that his certificates were revoked due to a "personal incident" his words to me.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#27 Post by GeeRam »

David TS wrote: What scares me more than anything is that as SimG says he will end up in the Packham et al camp when the media want some feedback, and ultimately every time he opens his mouth to the media Long Collins will only in one way or another discredit shooting sports.

His ego and self importance and loving hearing the sound of his own voice override the fact he isn't intelligent enough to understand when he is being manipulated and used.
Absolutely, especially your last sentence.

Going back to an earlier post on here, is this idiot Long-Collins, really part of the UKPSA media team?

And surely not a coincidence that UKPSA website currently appears to be offline for maintainence 8-)
BamBam

#28 Post by BamBam »

CLC is a co-director of gunroomtv, the other director, Alex Moreton, is communications officer for the UKPSA.

Moreton owns Bluefield Sports, where CLC is based and also Magload where CLC is co-director with Connors.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#29 Post by strangesam »

BamBam wrote:CLC is a co-director of gunroomtv, the other director, Alex Moreton, is communications officer for the UKPSA.

Moreton owns Bluefield Sports, where CLC is based and also Magload where CLC is co-director with Connors.
And suddenly my desire to join UKPSA and purchase products from Magload (which I was seriously considering) has vanished.
Christel
Site Admin

#30 Post by Christel »

It is and always will be a mystery to me why adults are online spewing s*** like the dialogue BamBam posted.

Integrity just went out the window.