Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:49 am
- Home club or Range: 1066 rifle and pistol / launceston rifle club
i have just moved in to a new home with my in-laws and having known my love for shooting for years, have just expressed that they do no want my gunsafe under their roof.
The only option open to me is a brick built garage with g.w.o door and the benefit of a pitched slated roof.
2 questions i thank you for in advance for answering.
1) will the police approve this as a secure location? (on private gated property)
2) will this outside area affect my optics and ammunition? (temperature changes etc)
please help asap as i want to fix safe, get approval and go for a shoot in my new area, stunningly beautiful cornwall.
This link will give you the information as to the standards required regarding garages.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rms-fa1968
- Woody Allen
They did that after you moved in?
Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 19192
- Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:57 am
- Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. HBSA full voting member. Durham Constabulary Gun Club Catterick. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.
- Location: Sutherland and Co Durham
Then approach the relevant certification department and see what they say and be prepared to argue your case supported by the guidance.
Come on Bambi get some
Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad
Real farmers don't need subsidies
Cow's farts matter!
For fine firearms and requisites visit
- Posts: 1028
- Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 pm
- Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley
- Location: Berks
I would be spitting feathers if they waited until after moving in to tell you that (assuming you actually asked them beforehand if it was OK, and not just assumed it would be?) and it would forever sour what relationship you had with them up to now.
Will they allow you to make the necessary considerable modifications to their garage to try and make that work though?
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest