6.5 Grendel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: 6.5 Grendel

#11 Post by Sim G »

baldie wrote:I have a grendel upper. It took some sorting, but eventually i got to top end loads with vhit 133 and the 123 grain scenar. I fitted a sarony lever, but to be honest, it doesn,t need it. The gun has never been the worlds most accurate, it averages around 3/4" but it will do that with regularity. However, i feel that its slightly undergunned capacity wise for such a bullet. I,m chambering another barrel for it shortly, in 6mmAR which is a necked down grendel. That will push a 90 grain scenar at 2750, and will blow the .223,s into the weeds on the 5/600 practical stages methinks.
Is that not just "a better mousetrap" baldie? The 6x45 (or also known as the 6-223) has been doing that for years....

If ever I had shot the barrel out on my SGC, the 6x45 was going to be my rebarrel of choice.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
baldie

Re: 6.5 Grendel

#12 Post by baldie »

I dont thing the 6x45 has the same case capacity Sim. The 6mmAR should be midway between a 6ppc and a 6mmbr performance wise, but will feed on an AR15 platform obviously. I already have the grendel mags and a load of brass , so its the logical step for me personally.
What i would like to try, is necking down a 6.8spc to .22.....