Safer in Iraq than Washington

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dangermouse

Safer in Iraq than Washington

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

Someone sent me this email earlier in the week, no idea how accurate it is:

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers per month.

"The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 per month. That means you are about 25 percent more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the World, than you are in Iraq ."

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington !
AND THEY HAVE THE BLOODY CHEEK TO TELL EGYPT HOW TO RUN ITS COUNTRY !

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Robin128

Re: Safer in Iraq than Washington

#2 Post by Robin128 »

80 people per 100,000 in Washighton DC get shot and killed every month???
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

Right,

I have egg on face, and should have done some research into this before posting,

Should you care to see the real figures have a look at this Blog which appears to have a better angle on the real figures,
http://dc.about.com/b/2008/03/12/firear ... ton-dc.htm
Also,
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/ ... s-joke.htm

Let that be a lesson to me,

DM :oops:
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Robin128

#4 Post by Robin128 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 per month. That means you are about 25 percent more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the World, than you are in Iraq
."

Whatever DM it proves more guns = LESS crime!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!