Rifle Identification

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Rifle Identification

#11 Post by 20series »

Sandgroper wrote:
20series wrote:I looks like a serious bit of kit, I guess they probably have it on trial or it's "borrowed" from the yanks :D

Alan
Quite possible, I know during the Vietnam War a lot their kit was acquired for trial purposes only and used to equip the Regiment! :lol:

Alan - 19 minutes to id that rifle, pretty impressive.
Actually it was about 2 minutes I'd only just logged on, I recognised the magazine and front sight and then google is your friend :lol: :D :lol: :D

It makes sense to update the M14 it was a cracking rifle by all accounts and the 5.56 just aint man enough for places like Iraq and Afghanistan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Rifle Identification

#12 Post by Sandgroper »

20series wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:
20series wrote:I looks like a serious bit of kit, I guess they probably have it on trial or it's "borrowed" from the yanks :D

Alan
Quite possible, I know during the Vietnam War a lot their kit was acquired for trial purposes only and used to equip the Regiment! :lol:

Alan - 19 minutes to id that rifle, pretty impressive.
Actually it was about 2 minutes I'd only just logged on, I recognised the magazine and front sight and then google is your friend :lol: :D :lol: :D

It makes sense to update the M14 it was a cracking rifle by all accounts and the 5.56 just aint man enough for places like Iraq and Afghanistan
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.