F-B(UK) RFD Network

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: F-B(UK) RFD Network

#31 Post by dodgyrog »

Rising Sun Ordnance no longer trading thanks to the Durham Police! Not doing enough business they reckoned!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
MistAgain

#32 Post by MistAgain »

As Dave Orford is the Deputy Chief Constable in Durham , and also the Chairman of FELWEG , I wonder if this is the start of a nationwide crackdown ?
Ovenpaa

#33 Post by Ovenpaa »

I did hear murmurings about just this and ended up discussing it over a cup of coffee with our FEO. He is of the opinion that his end of things would need a bloody good reason to withdraw an RFD as it is persons livelihood. So in my words, not his: Typically (Topically!) Section 5 infringements, extremely poor record keeping with multiple warnings, extremely low throughput coupled with being a part time RFD and finally, thinking they are above the law and taking the p!ss. These are my words, not his and I have seen RFDs rescinded/Not renewed for all of these reasons over the last few months.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#34 Post by dodgyrog »

MistAgain wrote:As Dave Orford is the Deputy Chief Constable in Durham , and also the Chairman of FELWEG , I wonder if this is the start of a nationwide crackdown ?
This is worth a look:
https://neilwilby.com/2020/08/30/a-grub ... C99ZcmRqxE
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#35 Post by Alpha1 »

Hmm interesting.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#36 Post by Sim G »

If Neil Wilby told me today was Saturday, I'd want a second opinion! A judge even banned him from contacting the then IPCC! The man is a muppet with severe delusions of himself and his "conspiracies". Pay him no heed.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#37 Post by Mattnall »

dodgyrog wrote:Rising Sun Ordnance no longer trading thanks to the Durham Police! Not doing enough business they reckoned!
Lack of trade for whatever reason should not be enough to have RFD removed.
This could be caused by local or other economic reasons, poor business management, etc.
Some RFDs I know only move about 1 or 2 firearms a year and do very little other RFD business but are part time businesses and their business model incorporates this. Some businesses are just plain unlucky when it comes to trade and are having a bad year or two.
There are many legitimate reasons for 'not enough business'.

Lack of intent to trade is another matter but could be argued against and could go to appeal.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Ovenpaa

#38 Post by Ovenpaa »

Back in March many RFDs closed their doors due to the pandemic and at that point some closed permanently. A loss of some 5-6 months trading is sure to have an impact on a business. At the time I was told to only deal with essential face to face such as gamekeepers and vermin control. Meanwhile, I heard of an RFD business in Newcastle upon Tyne that never closed for the duration and told me it was their busiest and most profitable period ever.

Draw your own conclusions, personally I am not impressed as we were effectively shut for what is usually our busiest period.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#39 Post by Mattnall »

I had an airgun supplier tell me they sold nearly as many air rifles over the lock-down as they sold all last year
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#40 Post by mikygpu »

Hi All
I am a part time aiming to be full time RFD in Hemel Hempstead.
There are some more RFDs in my area, some can be found on google, some can not.
My aim is to be full time gunsmith, however it is hard to find a decent priced industrial unit where to get a dealership authorisation.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)