Not much of a backstop!!!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Robin128

Re: Not much of a backstop!!!

#11 Post by Robin128 »

At Severn Tunnel...if a boat comes near or anyone insists on walking behind butts on coastal footpath...it's Stop, Stop, Stop....From memory, it was the same down Penally...Jeeeeze what a view!

:)
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#12 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:
Scotsgun wrote:
I used to shoot on a range in Essex which 'looked' out into the medway. The backstop was non-existant so we'd have to stop for a breather every time a boat sailed by.
From Essex over the Medway would have put your backstop in Chatham/Rochester......... the residents of those fine places wouldn't have noticed "extra" rounds bouncing around the place.... ;) :twisted:
Now then Sim you know the medway towns is a luverly place innit :lol:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#13 Post by Mike357 »

Polchraine wrote:
Mike357 wrote: They'd drown in the water that was in the bottom of the fox hole :lol:
Water?
Aye, water :D Image

Here is a link to a Google Earth picture of the 4 main MOD ranges we use at Barry Buddon. The 2014 Commonwealth Games shooting competition will be held here, approx 15 mins away from me in the car!
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 77bafdf812
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
rox

#14 Post by rox »

Mike357 wrote:approx 15 mins away from me in the car!
If you can bring 3 friends then there will be more paying spectators than we had in shooting-mad India in the 'revolutionary, spectator-friendly' range.