USA holiday

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
wildrover77

USA holiday

#1 Post by wildrover77 »

Can anyone recommend a destination of a holiday in the states, two requirements.

It must have a shooting range nearby with guns for hire.
It must have a horse ranch for my wife and daughter who is seven.

Regards
Dangermouse

Re: USA holiday

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

As you have not mentioned sea side have you considered las Vegas?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Vegas is a start, but when I went there in 2007. the only place I could find in Vegas was an indoor range http://www.topguntours.co.uk/shooting-las-vegas.html

If you want something bigger and better, have you thought about the big outdoor shoots such as at Knob Creek http://www.topguntours.co.uk/shooting-las-vegas.html

But if you want horses as well then how about http://www.visitrenotahoe.com/reno-taho ... egun-shoot

Dates will need updating but it's a start I guess. I struggled to find an outdoor range where you could turn up on your own and shoot what they had on hire on your own.

Good luck
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

I thought the Scottsdale gun club was just out side vegas, perhaps it looks closer on a map than it is.

I'm on my phone at the moment so do not access to my normal info, should you search for the 2013 f class championships, they are being held at a place that is on the Santa Fei trail and have part of their buisness devoted to the trail. Think it is Raton New Mexico, no idea what else is in the area
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#5 Post by 25Pdr »

Another fan of Las Vegas...... :D

A Panorama View From 2002 with my old Olympus 1.3Mp
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Ah The Excalibur, I got married there!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
R.G.C

#7 Post by R.G.C »

wildrover77 wrote:Can anyone recommend a destination of a holiday in the states, two requirements.

Regards
To nme only two:
You have Phoenix 'AZ, and the Ben Avery shooting complex just a few miles north. Direct flights from Londin....

Proximity of Gunsite...

Raton,NM, NRA Whittington Centre 350000 acres fr shooting...

Horse riding possibilitie every where..

R.G.C
Polchraine

#8 Post by Polchraine »

R.G.C wrote:
wildrover77 wrote:Can anyone recommend a destination of a holiday in the states, two requirements.

Regards
To nme only two:
You have Phoenix 'AZ, and the Ben Avery shooting complex just a few miles north. Direct flights from Londin....

Proximity of Gunsite...

Raton,NM, NRA Whittington Centre 350000 acres fr shooting...

Horse riding possibilitie every where..

R.G.C

Phoenix - somewhere to avoid in July and August and possible June and September too.

Last time I was there it was July and the temperature dropped below 100 just a few minutes before midnight! My boss had a room a short walk from te hotel reception, he got a chocolate bar from the vending machine and walked back to his room and by the time he arrived the bar had turned to liquid.

I would go swimming at 6 AM and it was normally around 80 degrees.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Don't know about horseriding but as others have said Vegas is a place to get easy access to all the fun stuff. :) I spent most of my time (and money) in http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/. Basically anything you want, pistols, rifles, full-auto smgs, assault rifles, everything! :twisted:

Just looked at the prices on there, wow they've gone up! Then again i was there in 2001! :roll: :lol:
DVC