The "I've got a new gun thread"...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: The

#391 Post by J4mes »

safetyfirst wrote:And here it is!

Had a great day at the range with it. Light recoiling, easy ejection, accurate enough with cheap Chinese ammo, great fun to shoot.

Rifle next to it is a Bremmer Arms M16A2 in .22lr which is all too much fun as well.

Hi, is the AK from rusmilitary? I've just got my ticket with 7.62 on and see they are taking deposits for stock arriving soon.

If it is from rusmilitary were you happy with the service?

Thanks
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: The "I've got a new gun thread"...

#392 Post by safetyfirst »

J4mes wrote:

Had a great day at the range with it. Light recoiling, easy ejection, accurate enough with cheap Chinese ammo, great fun to shoot.

Rifle next to it is a Bremmer Arms M16A2 in .22lr which is all too much fun as well.

Hi, is the AK from rusmilitary? I've just got my ticket with 7.62 on and see they are taking deposits for stock arriving soon.

Thanks
It’s one of those but I bought mine from one of their customers, its second hand, the woodwork has been rather lovingly restored by the previous owner, it’s in lovely shape.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#393 Post by snayperskaya »

safetyfirst wrote:
J4mes wrote:

Thanks
It’s one of those but I bought mine from one of their customers, its second hand, the woodwork has been rather lovingly restored by the previous owner, it’s in lovely shape.

Romanian, produced by RomArm at the Cugir Arsenal and as close as you'll get to a Soviet AKM here in the UK.It looks as though Safetyfirst's is sporting the original, refinished, Romanian hardwood furniture and flash hider but they can be fitted with just about any AK furniture depending on the look you want, and they will take any standard AK magazine without any modifications as they have a standard AKM pattern feed ramp.I have had quite a few rifles etc from Comrade Oleg at Rusmilitary and have always had good service.

Here is a couple I have had from Oleg that I "Soviet-ised" myself with parts sourced from the Motherland......I sold the AKMS on (regrettably) but still have the AKM.
b65c4171-551a-4499-9139-be1547867774.jpg
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#394 Post by safetyfirst »

I bought mine for a proper modern AK project, Dremel out, plastic fantastic, cerakote, the full deal.

But it’s so lovely as it is...... then again, it’s not a mint number 4T or a vintage Luger, I can always get another one! (I’ll be saving the wood from this one for it)

I’ll post a pic when it’s done. Most of you will be sick into your waistcoat pockets, some of you will want one. :)
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#395 Post by WelshShooter »

safetyfirst wrote:I bought mine for a proper modern AK project, Dremel out, plastic fantastic, cerakote, the full deal.

But it’s so lovely as it is...... then again, it’s not a mint number 4T or a vintage Luger, I can always get another one! (I’ll be saving the wood from this one for it)

I’ll post a pic when it’s done. Most of you will be sick into your waistcoat pockets, some of you will want one. :)

lol lol lol
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#396 Post by dromia »

safetyfirst wrote:
dromia wrote:No, fired brass.

Sorry but I no longer do such posts about my projects and shooting on here any more.
that’s a shame... I’ve always enjoyed them.
Thank you.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#397 Post by J4mes »

Thanks for the responses chaps
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#398 Post by safetyfirst »

WelshShooter wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:I bought mine for a proper modern AK project, Dremel out, plastic fantastic, cerakote, the full deal.

lol lol lol
lolololololok
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#399 Post by snayperskaya »

safetyfirst wrote:
WelshShooter wrote:

lol lol lol
lolololololok

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#400 Post by safetyfirst »

Pah . Purists.

Length of pull too short, cheek weld no good for a red dot or a scope, fore grip too short, nowhere to put a bipod, sling options limited.

Fabulous rifle, for the Cold War.

I’m after something horrible and unique. ;)