woohoo!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
TobyH

woohoo!

#1 Post by TobyH »

Amazingly I've received my variation in only 1week from my FAO, was told it was going to be a month. Didn't even want to visit or question just sent the FAC back with variation!

Off to the gun shop this weekend to pick up my new Howa 1500 .308.

And yes perhaps a little over excited!
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down." - Dick Sharples
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: woohoo!

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

One week is rather good, which county are you in?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TobyH

#3 Post by TobyH »

Sunny Suffolk! It may have been because when I moved here I had 2 x .308's on my ticket, and they realised I had some experience with them. Don't know, maybe they've just speeded up a bit.

Have to say they are pretty quick with most of my stuff. Quicker than Warwickshire and West Mercia anyway!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

WooHoo! Whose a happy bunny then? :D

Pics of the rifle when you get your mitts on it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
TobyH

#5 Post by TobyH »

That'll be me then!

Will do some before and after pics as I've got a couple of 'extras' to fit and one fairly big one on its way from the US.

Got a question that some of you may be able to help with. I've currently got an ASE Utra S5 moderator for my 'scout' which is a 1/2" UNF so can't use it on the new one which is 5/8" UNF (bigger barrel). I don't like the idea of having a mod that covers some of the barrel as I know they (and the barrel) get hot when on the range.

So, are there any other manufacturers of mods that aren't a foot long but also don't cover any of the barrel (there's a technical term for it but I've had a mind blank!) other than ASE.

I Like the ASE alot as its short, incredibly well made and does a good job, but they are a bit pricey...
Angelfire

#6 Post by Angelfire »

TobyH wrote:Amazingly I've received my variation in only 1week from my FAO, was told it was going to be a month. Didn't even want to visit or question just sent the FAC back with variation!

Off to the gun shop this weekend to pick up my new Howa 1500 .308.

And yes perhaps a little over excited!

I don't want to pee on anyone's parade, but when I was a little more mobile and was doing a bit of stalking, I have taken my FAC into the Police HQ and had a variation done while I waited. That's service we can only dream about nowadays it seems.

Regards

Phil*
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.
Mike2

#7 Post by Mike2 »

That's service we can only dream about nowadays it seems.
Yes, now we have computer systems, higher costs for certificates and extra staff to make things more efficient...... :roll: