Gun Control Network

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Robbo

Gun Control Network

#1 Post by Robbo »

At it again via the local rags, with a suitably scaremongering photo of a kid with a pistol.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... imO3prSHSs

Serious question though, even though children are allowed shotgun certificates I'm assuming the parent is still responsible for the security of the firearm at home and when travelling?
Polchraine

Re: Gun Control Network

#2 Post by Polchraine »

That really is a dangerous weapon! Just think of what it will kill when the plastic is dumped in the sea.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#3 Post by J4mes »

I saw this on Facebook and have reported it as fake news, the picture implies these children are owning and using handguns, which or course they are not. The Cheshire guardian is running the same story for their area. Thankfully the comments on Facebook have largely been "so what, they're probably safest and most self disciplined children around"
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

My daughter is 5 and is already learning about gun safety. Her nerf gun is stored in the safe, she knows to point it in a "safe" direction, and never carries it around loaded. She has also shot my 20b (with my help of course) a handful of times and loves it. It is the most disciplined I have seen her when she comes shooting with us. Always does exactly as she is told. Other times she is a right little.....
When she is 8 or so, and can hold a shotgun unassisted safely, I will be buying her one of her own and applying for an SGC for her so we are doing it properly.
To answer the original question, yes, a child cannot go out with a shotgun on their own. They have to be supervised. As for the age that stops I do not know but I would guess 16 or 18.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

Peter Squires is a charlatan. Obviously lock down has prevented him from the indoctrination of students at Brighton uni face-to-face he needs some outlet for his narcissistic ramblings. The worst kind of “educator”.

His email address is all over the internet, but he doesn’t answer them… ;-)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

I believe the GCN have fewer than double figures membership.
How these ignoramuses have so much influence on proceedings at any level outside their own home is beyond me.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by 1066 »

Sim G wrote:Peter Squires is a charlatan. Obviously lock down has prevented him from the indoctrination of students at Brighton uni face-to-face he needs some outlet for his narcissistic ramblings. The worst kind of “educator”.

His email address is all over the internet, but he doesn’t answer them… ;-)
Peter Squires was, at one time, an adviser to NABIS, not sure if he still is. Just the sort of unbiased advice they would be looking for I guess.

He is a zealot dressed up in reasonable mans clothes (Much in the Packham mould)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

Sim G wrote:His email address is all over the internet, but he doesn’t answer them… ;-)
Ever seen a website called Mailbait? If not have a look... ;) lol
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

GCN: https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/ Seriously! The cycling network should complain that these charaltans are using theor name!

http://www.gun-control-network.org/site ... ry-of-gcn/

Hmm operating from a PO Box number eh

Gun Control Network
PO Box 11495
London N3 2FE

There info used to be online, same financials every year and IIRC only 2-3 members. All their info seems hidden. Why would a serious organisation hide? GCN are little more than a government mouthpiece...IMO of course!

Yoiu have to laugh at their hysteria :

Paintball guns

Paintball guns are imitation guns which look like real guns and use expanding gas or compressed air to propel paintballs through the barrel. Those firing at a velocity of not more than 300 fps (feet per second) used to ‘mark’ participants engaging in paintballing activities fall outside Section 1 of the Firearms Act 1968 and do not require a licence. See Gun Control in the UK.

Issues with paintball guns include:

Death and violent crime lol lol lol
Criminals banned from owning guns can still buy paintball guns
Those with mental health problems and alcohol and substance abuse issues can still buy paintball guns
(they can also support GCN come to think of it)
Irresponsible storage, leading to theft from insecure locations
Cost to the taxpayer (???)

Hmm anyone know when was the last case of someone being paintballed to death? ANYONE?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#10 Post by Les »

Chuck wrote:Hmm anyone know when was the last case of someone being paintballed to death? ANYONE?
I got shot on the side of the head by one once, which might explain a few things. 5mith