Air Cadet Rifles

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

Air Cadet Rifles

#1 Post by 25Pdr »

Looking for some advice please...........

Last night in a discussion with a Air cadet Officer he mentioned that he had four target 22 rifles he has been told to scrap. Not wishing to see any firearms destroyed, I offered to put them on my club FAC and give a donation to the Cadets.

What I don't understand though, he said they didn't belong to the MOD and were not currently on a FAC, he said the CO used to have them on her own FAC but not now? Does that make them off ticket or can the cadets hold them and dispose of them without a FAC?

If this transaction is legal, what would be the best way to conduct it? Transfer them through a Dealer or simply enter them onto my club FAC and then inform licensing?
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Air Cadet Rifles

#2 Post by Christel »

Oh gosh, we need a firearms licensing officer on this forum.

Not sure what the answer may be and no matter how clever we are on this forum maybe you ought to ask your local firearms licensing officer?
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#3 Post by 25Pdr »

christel wrote:Oh gosh, we need a firearms licensing officer on this forum.

Not sure what the answer may be and no matter how clever we are on this forum maybe you ought to ask your local firearms licensing officer?
Thanks Christel, suppose I will need to contact licensing sometime, my FEO is a nice chap but sometimes he phones me for advice. I think this one may confuse licensing, so I was thinking if I could just get them on my licence and then tell them, they will probably OK it. ;)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

It's one of those awkward ones... Yes we need a tame FEO who is happy to answer questions without fear of recrimination.

Anyone know a friendly FEO that is not afraid of the internet and forums.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

christel wrote:Oh gosh, we need a firearms licensing officer on this forum.

I would get the cadets to ask their FEO first.

Rob