Lucky Ricochet.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dalgo

Lucky Ricochet.

#1 Post by Dalgo »

Always be aware of the ricochet...

:o

One lucky SOB.

-Dalgo
alan108

Re: Lucky Ricochet.

#2 Post by alan108 »

VERY,VERY lucky :shock:

Alan :)
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

Front LHS second ricochet...that's why it didn't kill him.

When I was about 10, I took Dad's Winchester 22LR pump gun up the garden with about 10" of rail (as in train) and fired about 15 yds away at it and it whistled passed my ear. Never messed about with guns again.

:shock:

Rob
Scotsgun

#4 Post by Scotsgun »

A whole bunch of us were shooting bowling skittles from 25yds away with black powder pistols, on a range in Essex. Raising the pistol to aim and it felt like someone had blowed in my ear immediately before there was a bang behind me. Turns out the firer next to me had shot a skittle, the lead bullet had riccochet directly back between us before slapping into the wall behind.
That killed off any idea of more skittle shooting! ;)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Scotsgun wrote:A whole bunch of us were shooting bowling skittles from 25yds away with black powder pistols, on a range in Essex. Raising the pistol to aim and it felt like someone had blowed in my ear immediately before there was a bang behind me. Turns out the firer next to me had shot a skittle, the lead bullet had riccochet directly back between us before slapping into the wall behind.
That killed off any idea of more skittle shooting! ;)
WAHhhhhhh!!! I have had a bullet ricochet back and land at my feet in the Butts, it certainty got my attention.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#6 Post by bobbob »

Something similar happened to bnz41 with a black powder pistol. I was at work when he phoned me saying "I've been shot". Turns out he was in with a couple of the older guys who still used BP pistols. One of them fired and the lead came back along the floor and hit him on the side of the foot. He was only wearing trainers so it stung a bit.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.