Range glasses

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dangermouse

Range glasses

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

Can anyone direct me to a pair of Range Glasses that have the following features?

The arms should be flat, so they do not dig in to the side of your head when wearing muffs.

Fit for purpose ie shatter resistant, whatever the normal BS standards are.

Very little or no frame across the top of the lens - I find thick frames can get in the line of sight when you lower your head.

Multi lenses - Clear & Dark a must, amber would be nice.

Individual nose pieces on each lens.

Good box or bag to protect them in.

The best pair I have had so far were some Oakley military issue glasses issued for Afghanistan (the US chaps were selling them for around £40 on ebay) But these are now scratched and I need to replace.
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Polchraine

Re: Range glasses

#2 Post by Polchraine »

Think about Oakley M frames - one frame and a multitude of lens tints for all eventualities. There are many shapes too.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

I think the Oakley's I have are M frames. Perhaps I will just buy some replacement lenses,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Polchraine

#4 Post by Polchraine »

I have been to the Oakely factory - 1 Icon in Foothill Ranch Ca.

They have a set of M frame lenses which were tested with a 12bore from 10m or so. Some pretty bad dents in the plastic but they survives. Another set of glasses had been hit with a full bore round from a few hundred metres - badly dented and distorted from but the wearer only had a headache!

They are half price in the US when compared to here and when I shopped at the factory store - free cases, lens clothes &c.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.