Gloucestershire police

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
barney57

Re: Gloucestershire police

#11 Post by barney57 »

Sim G wrote:
barney57 wrote: Yep going full circle aint it Sim,,, back to like it was years ago,,,Coppers in Offices rather than on the streets,,,,,HANG ON A MINIUTE I'VE JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA,,,why dont we put all the Coppers out on the streets doing Police type things and Police work,, and then get Civilians in to do the more mundane sort of stuff like comms operators, Custody Staff, Front Office staff, Clerks etc, etc, do you think it would work?????? has it been done before I wonder????? Hmmm memo to....Dear Sir,,,,,,,,,,,,, :? :? :? :? :? :?

Barney, there's just not the money, mate. Things really are going to become really difficult and I cannot see how we will be able to give the full service that the public expect.....
Absolutely Sim,, preaching to the converted mate,,,I know exactly what you mean hence my sarky post above,,,we will have gone full circle, and back to square one....and the people will say ""YoU CAN NEVER FIND A POLICEMAN WHEN YOU NEED ONE"" well no bleeding wonder this Government has put them all back in Offices instead of out on the street where they should be and most of them want to be,,they joined to Police and be Police Officers, not bleeding Clerks!!
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
Kernow Bys Vyken (Cornwall for ever)