Accumount versus Fulton 'scope bracket for No4

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Accumount versus Fulton 'scope bracket for No4

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Does anyone know if there much of a difference in quality and fit between the Fulton no-gunsmith mount for the No4 Enfield and the Accumount offering?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Accumount versus Fulton 'scope bracket for No4

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

I think the only difference is the Fulton mount is steel and the othet one is aluminium. Armalon do a mount as well. I have the steel version it is rock solid.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Accumount say their brackets are made from steel, personally I would make them from 316 Stainless as it is nice to machine however that is just me...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#4 Post by pe4king »

David
From experience the Armalon mount is the better option its lock up is spot on and uses a better system than the others.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

You are right they are steel my mistake. Not sure what make mine is then I will have to check its in one of my desk drawers a the moment.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I fired a Lee Enfield to day I think it was an enforcer at 100 yards fitted with one of these brackets mounted with a Pecar scope three of the shots were touching the other two were just left of the group. For me thats great shooting some one else might of done better but for me thats good shooting.
I took the opportunity to walk the firing point I saw three of these mounts in use one in particular on a No4 with a period scope really looked the business and the guy looked like he was doing OK with it. I also saw a scoped P14 that looked really odd. There was also a lot of very expensive kit that made my stuff look like it was out of the Ark. A couple of the new Ruger rifles were in evidence. I think its time for some new toys I need to free up some slots me thinks.