Educate me on Cowboy action shooting

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ordnance

Re: Educate me on Cowboy action shooting

#41 Post by ordnance »

bradaz11 wrote:
ordnance wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:So you need two revolvers an underlever and a shot gun. Yes.
Yes if you want to complete the course as its designed, and depending on who is ruining the competition.
Getting Started In Cowboy Action Shooting, Page 2, Revolvers. Revolvers: You'll need 2 single Action revolvers, one pistol caliber lever action rifle, and one side-by-side shotgun without ejectors or an external hammer pump shotgun (Winchester '97 or replica) or lever action shotgun (Winchester 1887 or replica)
you really don't, most BWSS members will even lend newcomers guns
Yes, that goes for any form of shooting you can use club guns. But i assume you would have to join the club, be in another club or only on approved visitors days.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Educate me on Cowboy action shooting

#42 Post by bradaz11 »

Lever357 wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:So you need two revolvers an underlever and a shot gun. Yes.
Over here there's a new genre of Western Action Shooting growing in popularity - came across from the US. The Wild Bunch - supposed to represent the turn of the 19th - 20th century west. Shot the same as cowboy action shooting, but using Colt 1911 pistols, Winchester Model 1897 pump-action shotguns and a lever-action rifle chambered for a calibre over .40 - preferably a Model 1892. Costumes are in accordance with the classic 1969 Sam Peckinpaw movie.

http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/
Now that does sound interesting!!! And fun!!!!!!
we do shoot wildbunch matches too, using .22 LBP, pump shotgun and rifle. usually this is a few rounds after the main comp. Usually the pump will be fully loaded at the start, to make it a bit more different.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns