Pushing along a FAC application...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Pushing along a FAC application...

#11 Post by GeeRam »

Racalman wrote:I sent my renewal forms to TVP last July and my FAC expired in November.

At the end of January I sent the FLD a polite email explaining that I needed to buy some primers and the next day the FEO phoned to say he'd been asked to expedite my application. The new FAC arrived two weeks later.

It can't harm your case.
Big difference between contacting them about pushing a renewal/variation and an initial grant application.

I'd be inclined to just sit and wait with a grant, you just don't know if trying to push a grant may count against you?
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#12 Post by Hrun »

GeeRam wrote:
Racalman wrote:I sent my renewal forms to TVP last July and my FAC expired in November.

At the end of January I sent the FLD a polite email explaining that I needed to buy some primers and the next day the FEO phoned to say he'd been asked to expedite my application. The new FAC arrived two weeks later.

It can't harm your case.
Big difference between contacting them about pushing a renewal/variation and an initial grant application.

I'd be inclined to just sit and wait with a grant, you just don't know if trying to push a grant may count against you?
Completely agree.

For an initial grant it may be cause for them to question your hurry. Especially given the current state of the world.

For a renewal, you have existing firearms and a need to feed them, so I feel any delay makes a mockery of the system which is meant to keep the public safe.
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#13 Post by pbrazendale »

Ok thanks for all the replies I'll give it another month and see where we are.

Sent from my iPad using "An application"