I want a few different rimfires on my FAC but...............

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: I want a few different rimfires on my FAC but...........

#11 Post by dodgyrog »

You just need a good reason for each one - for example, different postal league competitions requiring different type of rifle
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Gazza

#12 Post by Gazza »

TattooedGun wrote:Have you filled those slots you talk of already? Or are you looking to fill your cert with a bunch of vacant slots?

If not it would definitely be better to fill those slots you've got before asking for more. you could then show that you are actively filling them and not just after a lot of slots. An easy way to add an additional couple of slots would be to ask for moderators for each of the rimfires, even if you don't want a mod for each one. it's an easy justification and then they can later be changed via 1 for 1 to another rimfire slot without the additional charge for an additive variation. You might still get asked why you want them, but as mentioned, different competitions or disciplines should suffice.
The slots I've got will be filled within the week hopefully but I was thinking for the future so will not be applying for more slots for a while yet.
I have slots for mods for each of the RF's but would like to keep these for mods.
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#13 Post by Robert303 »

Are you interested in Classic Rifles? If so various 22s to reflect the various age classifications in Bolt / Semi Auto / Lever action / Pump action. You might want to Collect + Shoot a Winchester collection or a BSA collection or a Mauser collection.
Kungfugerbil

#14 Post by Kungfugerbil »

I have four rimfire with slots for two more... as above, different disciplines mean different rifles. I have a benchrest bolt action, a prone bolt action, a semi-auto practical minirifle, a long barreled pistol.. when I asked for more I stated it was for gallery rifle scoped and irons.
SevenSixTwo

#15 Post by SevenSixTwo »

dodgyrog wrote:You just need a good reason for each one - for example, different postal league competitions requiring different type of rifle
Weird. I've never had to justify a reason for any of mine - other than 'target shooting'.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#16 Post by Dark Skies »

safetyfirst wrote:Have you tried the AR7 takedown rifle? You won't find a rifle you're faster to put back up for sale than that.

After the obligatory from Russia with love moment.
I was the same about the GSG when it first came out. Bought it. Shot it. Bored with it. Modded it and bored with it - all in the space of about two months. Sold it for not much drop in money due to it being the must have of the day.

Back on topic. I have four .22 rifles.
For good reason I simply stated I wanted experience of different actions and one backup for comps. I deliberately didn't paint myself into any corners by listing various uses beyond the all encompassing 'target shooting'. If you are too specific then you may find yourself being expected to provide details of their regular use in said disciplines rather than just their regular use.
Last edited by Dark Skies on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#17 Post by breacher »

SevenSixTwo wrote:
dodgyrog wrote:You just need a good reason for each one - for example, different postal league competitions requiring different type of rifle
Weird. I've never had to justify a reason for any of mine - other than 'target shooting'.
Same here.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#18 Post by Mattnall »

Dark Skies wrote: If you are too specific then you may find yourself being expected to provide details of their regular use in said disciplines rather than just their regular use.
Then you must have lied to the FEO and probably don't have the need for each one (regular use could be practice for said discipline - I have one rifle I only use once or occasionally twice a year in historic comps that aren't organised often).
If 'Target Shooting' doesn't cut the mustard with the FEO and you don't know (or can't state) what you want each one for then I suggest you actually don't need them.

OP, tell the FEO why you(and not someone on the internet) actually want an extra one, they are usually pretty clued up as to the reasons people give and would most likely spot BS a mile off. If you are asked some specific questions about your reasons and you don't know it could look bad.

Having a bona fide 'collection' or 'target shooting' are good reasons, 'just because I think I want one' isn't. It is unfortunate that we have to justify everything we have, but that is the way it is.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#19 Post by Dellboy »

You want a Raven dont you Gazza ??? or a Bradley special ......
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gazza

#20 Post by Gazza »

Three guns on the "next to buy list" Dell and one is either a 223 upper or a complete straight pull AR depending on who comes up with the goods, ahem :D A chassis mounted Rimfire and the other is a 308 of some description. :good: