Accuracy International Magazine

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Berger
Home club or Range: Bisley

Accuracy International Magazine

#1 Post by Berger »

Which is the right size Accuracy International magazine for a 7mm saum.Cheer's Berger
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Accuracy International Magazine

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is dependant on what length you are building them to, my build length is just over 3.00"
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Berger

#3 Post by Berger »

It's a 300 win mag magazine.can the internal size of the mag be made smaller by shortening the plastic thing the cases lay on and dubbing the back of the magazine so there's not so much room inside.i think my 180gr hybrid load will measure 3.150 with 15 thousandths jump.i was thinking of glueing something at back of the mag up and just shy of the feed lips so the bolt picks up the bullet ok.its a shame AI don't build a mag specifically for them like tikka does.would you have a plan Ovenpaa if I was to get you to do it.not sure if plastic is ideal.cheers Berger
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have modified steel magazines in the past to suit the users cartridge. Plastic I avoid as it is a PITA
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Berger

#5 Post by Berger »

I checked the AOL's I stated and it was wrong.hybrid was 3.122 touching.162gr Amax load is 3.066.the part that the cartridge sits on is plasticy
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes, you can shorten the carrier at the top and then screw a length of plastic or light metal to the inside back of the magazine to reduce the internal length of the magazine, important part is making sure the cartridge is still correctly supported so some experimenting would be needed. You could probably glue the spacer in with something like JB Weld. One issue is the spring which may need to be swapped out to something different to enable the spacer to fit.

Anything is possible given enough time and ingenuity.
/d

Shed Journal
Berger

#7 Post by Berger »

The longest part of the spring is the bottom part that pushes against the bottom of the mag.where it zigzags up the mag it probably 7mm ish clearance already.nip off the front of bottom spring and you could shorten the internal space half inch easily.i have studied it briefly paa
Berger

#8 Post by Berger »

I tinkered with the magazine tonite and it's sorted.filler at the rear is real tight so it's holding itself in situ.i will only glue if it works loose goodjob