Hello old friend

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
fenix
Home club or Range: Bisley

Hello old friend

#1 Post by fenix »

I moved house late last year, and finally have an garden to shoot in, garage is also big enough for 10m air pistol. So have dug out my old Falcon raptor in .22. Think I have owned this for about 18 years, but its spent a the last 10 in a cupboard. Gassed it up last weekend and having a nice relaxing shoot with it this morning. Wife has also been having a go, trying to find the best set up for her, she's right handed but has a bad right eye.

Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Hello old friend

#2 Post by Les »

Congratulations! It's always nice to have a decent sized garden to shoot in. That's a good looking Falcon. It says a lot for their reliability that it can spend 10 years in a cupboard and still work OK. :good:
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#3 Post by WelshShooter »

That's awesome. I'm surprised none of the seals were damaged since they were unused for so long. Your partner may have to try shooting left handed, but with pistols it's possible to shoot right handed but left eye dominant.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good looking air rifle, is it fairly quiet?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
fenix
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by fenix »

Ovenpaa wrote:Good looking air rifle, is it fairly quiet?
They do benefit from having a different mod fitted, the main reason I stuck with this one is because its built in to the quick fill adapter.

The 8 shot mags work pretty well, the rifle was supplied with brass disk to aid loading them but that's long vanished, so I cut down a bolt so 2mm of shank is left, that's just enough to keep the pellets properly seated until the mag is turned.

I always felt Falcons were underestimated, then again the first time a UKAHFT course was cleared was with a Falcon, the bloke shooting it had a duff shoulder so couldn't use his normal Daystate.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any new Flacons being made, they are concentrating on making Air Arms.