So we having a straight pull section or not???

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

Re: So we having a straight pull section or not???

#21 Post by polemass »

Realy!?-how about AK/VZ section on CSR shooter forum...??? troutslapping
BamBam

#22 Post by BamBam »

polemass wrote:Realy!?-how about AK/VZ section on CSR shooter forum...??? troutslapping
signfunnypost
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#23 Post by Mattnall »

BamBam wrote:
polemass wrote:Realy!?-how about AK/VZ section on CSR shooter forum...??? troutslapping
signfunnypost
I don't think there is an AR section there either.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Chuck

#24 Post by Chuck »

Surely "going nowhere" is not a reason for locking threads? Plenty of threads die a natural death do they not? As long as the usual suspects don't name call and get insulting and personal then what's the harm?

Maybe we could just have "pretendy" added to the "bad word" filter so that it gets replaced with say "Look-a-like" "facsmile" or some other non offensive phrase or word? razz :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
majordisorder

#25 Post by majordisorder »

breacher wrote:Thats just it - whenever we have an AR thread ( in fulbore section or wherever ) it gets locked or trolled with "pretendy" chucked in to elicit a response. The cynic in me wonders whether this is to elicit a response that makes locking more likely !

How about you just let threads run - and allow the banter and opinions ! No rules were broken in the last thread to be locked. It was popular and getting lots of posts. Yet it was locked as a mod felt it "was going nowhere".
Yet there were more comments and interaction than any other thread I can ever remember reading here........
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#26 Post by safetyfirst »

Honestly. Given some of the bigoted narrow minded racism to be found in some areas of this forum, it's incredible how picky some of the moderating can be on threads discussing firearms.

What we don't see sometimes though is the moderator baiting that goes on too, it's not surprising some grumpy decisions get made from time to time.
Christel
Site Admin

#27 Post by Christel »

safetyfirst wrote:Honestly. Given some of the bigoted narrow minded racism to be found in some areas of this forum, it's incredible how picky some of the moderating can be on threads discussing firearms.

What we don't see sometimes though is the moderator baiting that goes on too, it's not surprising some grumpy decisions get made from time to time.
Whatever is being said in GOM is accepted to a higher degree than compared to the rest of the forum. Don't forget that GOM is access only if you have asked for it. Own choice.
The rest of the forum can be read by the public.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#28 Post by breacher »

safetyfirst wrote:Honestly. Given some of the bigoted narrow minded racism to be found in some areas of this forum, it's incredible how picky some of the moderating can be on threads discussing firearms.

Have to agree - baiting has occurred by members and a mod.

Having said that, I am the first to accept the decision not to have an AR section - I felt compelled to put forward my thoughts on the matter and the 3 solutions, have the sub section, accept the banter or stop the trolling.

But, the decision has been made and I guess we have to accept that.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#29 Post by channel12 »

As an owner of a straight pull AR rifle and a CSR shooter I don't think we need a separate section. This forum wouldn't be my go-to place for AR-15 advice as there other places out there already.
However it would be nice if in the future when forum members ask for information, advice etc about the AR platform we can all offer help in a constructive manner the same way we would if they were asking about any other type of rifle.

It would also be nice when talking about the AR platform we didn't get people trolling with comments about "pretendy" rifles, if they haven't "a dog in this fight" they should stay out of the discussion.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#30 Post by dromia »

As has been stated umpteen times already if the straight pull AR discussions stay sensible and don't descend into the pure maker championing and "my marque is better than your marque" competition that has been the hallmark of these threads in the past then there will be no need for staff to intervene and take action. Straight pull AR threads have a lot of "previous history" on and off forum, which members don't see, they cause us more grief than any other topic on here so they are watched with an expectation of them becoming advertising fashion shows and maker promotions therefore a zero tolerance approach is taken to such threads, staff have a "dog" in every thread, it is our business here. Discuss informatively, accept staff decisions, whether you like them or not, without rancour and such threads will gain respect and confidence in them not going downhill and all will be well. I know some people do that but it only takes one to spoil it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/