Straight pull section or not.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Do we need a straight pull section on this forum?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 69

Chuck

Re: Straight pull section or not.

#11 Post by Chuck »

HRUN: INCOMING.......... :run: :run: :run: :run: lol lol lol
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by bnz41 »

Hrun wrote:I moderated a forum this sort of size single handed for a couple of years, it is hard work and never ending, so I would like to thank admin and confirm my support.

With regard to people power, unlike our country, this site is not a democracy, you are not required to pay taxes and by the same token no-one is forced to be here.

I just want to read about and lust over people's chosen discipline, and am not bothered about the name of the sub forum as long as the content is interesting..

pay taxes

But some of us do pay to keep this forum running. I see you do not....
Gazza

#13 Post by Gazza »

bnz41 wrote:
Hrun wrote:I moderated a forum this sort of size single handed for a couple of years, it is hard work and never ending, so I would like to thank admin and confirm my support.

With regard to people power, unlike our country, this site is not a democracy, you are not required to pay taxes and by the same token no-one is forced to be here.

I just want to read about and lust over people's chosen discipline, and am not bothered about the name of the sub forum as long as the content is interesting..

pay taxes

But some of us do pay to keep this forum running. I see you do not....
Hmmm, so does that mean we are sharehoders? :good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

Gazza wrote:
Hmmm, so does that mean we are sharehoders? :good:
no, we are sponsors. no where when Christel asked for support, did it say it would give you any say over the running of the forum, or how money should be spent etc, it is purely a donation to the running of a site. The sponsorship / support was said to mainly be to facilitate keeping the forum free of ads.
Hi All F-B UKers,

It may come as a surprise to some however we are just starting the 7th year of forum life here at FB(UK) and the next 12 month's hosting needs paying again. This year I am thinking about adding automatic daily backup to the hosting which from last time I asked was £25 extra.

We have no advertising/banners or site sponsors so we are as independent as possible, something I am sure most of you agree with.

A small contribution would be greatly received, you do not need to say anything on the forum, a note when you donate is sufficient, if there is anyone I am in doubt about I will ask, remember you get "Site Sponsor" next to your name if you donate.
Please do send as a gift though to save PP hitting us for fees.

To recap, you can Paypal the amount you wish to donate to fullboreuk(at)gmail.com, please send as a gift to avoid Paypal fees.
If you do not have a Paypal account and wish to donate then let me know and I will direct you in the right direction.

Fairly confident Dromia and I will make sure the wheels turn as they should.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Gazza

#15 Post by Gazza »

It was said tongue in cheek but no worries :good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

Gazza wrote:It was said tongue in cheek but no worries :good:
I know, but thought i'd post something a bit more diplomatic, to make sure Christel doesn't have to **** at someone again ;)
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

bradaz11 wrote:
Gazza wrote:It was said tongue in cheek but no worries :good:
I know, but thought i'd post something a bit more diplomatic, to make sure Christel doesn't have to **** at someone again ;)
:oops: It was just a little swearing, tiny little bit...
Gazza

#18 Post by Gazza »

It was quite strong though, that word that sounds like feck but worse, you know the one!
And the intent and malice attached was worthy of a decent horror flick. lol lol lol :run:
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

Gazza wrote:It was quite strong though, that word that sounds like feck but worse, you know the one!
And the intent and malice attached was worthy of a decent horror flick. lol lol lol :run:
Good ;)
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#20 Post by bradaz11 »

christel wrote:
Gazza wrote:It was quite strong though, that word that sounds like feck but worse, you know the one!
Good ;)
and thats why we love you on here :)

you gonna come cowboy shooting at northcotes on sunday? if you were feeling really adventurous you could wear a bustle O:-)