Unprofessional behaviour of Met FET

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

Re: Unprofessional behaviour of Met FET

#121 Post by Fedaykin »

I really doubt it, there is a mild issue with the "keeping guns off the street" statement but that is hardly a valid reason to go to court. The suggestion that 7 guns is too big a first grant being unfair is going to flounder against the rocks that is "The discretion of the chief Constable".
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#122 Post by breacher »

Racalman wrote:
breacher wrote:Well in that case, instead of having a tantrum on the interweb, why did the OP not just take the matter to Crown Court ?
Simple ... £££££££
No.

I did. And won.

It costs nothing to represent yourself.

And if the OP is so sure that the applicant has furnished enough evidence of good reason, it should be a cut and dry case.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
lapua338

#123 Post by lapua338 »

Good news!

Despite what I wrote in a previous post I've returned to apprise everyone that after many months of detailed correspondence all new club members have had their legitimate requests granted and FAC's issued.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#124 Post by JSC »

Excellent. You just have to play them at their own game sometimes.
lapua338

#125 Post by lapua338 »

Sheer perseverance and stubbornness achieved a positive outcome.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#126 Post by JSC »

lapua338 wrote:Sheer perseverance and stubbornness achieved a positive outcome.
Underrated, but essential behavior IMO.
Fedaykin

#127 Post by Fedaykin »

So I take it you have had a rationalisation of your clubs processes and are now asking probationers to go for a more realistic initial grant of four guns plus four moderators like we advised?

:twisted:

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
lapua338

#128 Post by lapua338 »

Fedaykin wrote:So I take it you have had a rationalisation of your clubs processes and are now asking probationers to go for a more realistic initial grant of four guns plus four moderators like we advised?
Absolutely not, the applicants were granted the six and seven firearms they requested. They want to play with handguns and lever actions so moderators are unnecessary and have no purpose.
Fedaykin

#129 Post by Fedaykin »

Well not to labour an old point but a moderator is a free 1 for 1 variation for whatever calibre you want.

You have got what you wanted but only after much paperwork green ink and fuss with your local FEO who is a person trying to go about his job rather than be an enemy.

Asking probationers who have not got a clear handle on what they enjoy or can afford to shoot to put in for 7+ different calibres on their first try is a bit much imho. It certainly is going to raise questions for an FEO who in the end wants to have a quiet life, it might be technically legal to put in for that amount but it is unusual.

When I coach probationers and answer questions from them about what they should put in for I don't say "here is a long list get on with it". My answer is always try as many different types of shooting as you can whilst a probationer then buy what you can afford to run and enjoy to shoot.

I don't fully know the dynamic of your club but demanding that probationers put in for 7+ different calibres is rather odd. You might not need a moderator but there is no reason why you can't put in for one and using it as a place holder for a future 1 for 1 variation is a common way to get what you want down the line. Hence four calibres and four mod slots on an application, far less hassle then what you put your new member(s) through.

My general view is if your club has got itself into this position where you are asking probationers to do that you need to have a bit of an honest period of reflection about the future of the club and how it operates.

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
lapua338

#130 Post by lapua338 »

"here is a long list get on with it"
All of the donkey work was done by others.