Guest days

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
RDC

Re: Guest days

#21 Post by RDC »

Junge, the club secretary would be the one to coordinate it and notify who needs notifying, not the member intending to bring the guests.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#22 Post by Andy632 »

Junge wrote:Hi Guys
So inform flo of guest day at least 48 hours before, guests sign section 21 form kept by club
No need to inform flo of details of guest details ? teanews

Robert

Correct!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Final_.pdf
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Chapuis

#23 Post by Chapuis »

Alpha1 wrote:Most of my members come under two licencing authorities. Durham and Cleveland.
I notify both Authorities usually in January of the years declared guest days. I insist on being notified of guests Name: Address and date of birth and wether or not they have any convictions Seven days in advance of the shoot. I pm the info to the licensing authorities.
On the day they sign a section 21 deceleration and I keep it in a file in case plod want to audit it.
Up to now I have had no issues with guest days.

Guest days are easy I have a lot more complicated issues to deal with than that Landmarc the MOD. The NRA etc etc.
Take my advice if any one asks you to take on a Club Secretary role SAY NO. wallhead
You're actually doing slightly more than is required Alpha. You only need to inform the constabulary who your club comes under i.e. the one who issued the club FAC and who "supervises" your H.O. approval.
The club I belong to sits on the border of three constabularies and 90% of the membership is divided almost equally amongst three constabularies with about 10% of the remaining club members coming from further afield in various other constabulary areas. Notifying all the different the different constabularies would be a bit of a pain therefore we only inform the one constabulary as we are required to.