1 for 1 variation

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: 1 for 1 variation

#11 Post by kennyc »

JSC wrote:
Plumose wrote:
JSC wrote:Thames Valley are actually fairly quick at the moment. i did a one for one last week and it came back in a few days.
That sounds great, as I have just sent my first application in to Thames Valley, any ideas on the current turn around for applications?
New applications are always going to take the longest, but I don't know how TV are doing on those at the moment. The only thing you can do is contact your FEO from time to time and try and find out where your application is in the process.
I'm about 4 weeks into a variation, but I have been away for two of them '
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#12 Post by Hrun »

When I put in my first application I asked for a .22 muzzle loading revolver.. They granted a .22 LBP which I eventually used to buy my GSG 1911.

Appears LBP keeps your options open.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

A muzzle loading pistol generally is not a LBR or any type of LBP as far as licensing goes.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#14 Post by Hrun »

Mattnall wrote:A muzzle loading pistol generally is not a LBR or any type of LBP as far as licensing goes.
Correct, I will try that again, I was cooking tea, I obviously meant long barrelled revolver..
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#15 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Surprised that you can exchange a moderator for a firearm!! I know they're both classed as a slot but a mod to me is just a licensed part of a firearm. Might have to look into that a bit more as I have a mod I don't use
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by mr smith »

Keithkilvo1 wrote:Surprised that you can exchange a moderator for a firearm!! I know they're both classed as a slot but a mod to me is just a licensed part of a firearm. Might have to look into that a bit more as I have a mod I don't use
I would check with your local mob as we know not all forces sing from the same hymn sheet in fact some don't even know where they saw it last.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#17 Post by Mattnall »

mr smith wrote:
Keithkilvo1 wrote:Surprised that you can exchange a moderator for a firearm!! I know they're both classed as a slot but a mod to me is just a licensed part of a firearm. Might have to look into that a bit more as I have a mod I don't use
I would check with your local mob as we know not all forces sing from the same hymn sheet in fact some don't even know where they saw it last.
There is some talk of 'like-4-like' and not 'one-4-one' variations which has been seen by a few as meaning a similar calibre or cartridge size and type of firearm (or moderator, etc.). If this gets around (or allowed to become the norm) then it could become expensive to sell and buy something slightly different very soon.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#18 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

All I can say is Well Done.......Thames Valley Firearms Department variation back today so a turn round of 18 days for the variation, now got to decide which LBP goodjob
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#19 Post by JSC »

To be fair to them, that's a massive improvement compared to a few months ago.
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#20 Post by pbrazendale »

I’ve just had a variation to swap an empty .44 slot for a .45 slot, turned around in under a week great service from GMP, and they didn’t charge which I was surprised as it’s a different calibre.

Sent from my boing using "An application"